PDA

View Full Version : NICE TO KNOW

Xavier101
06-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi Jack, I saw your videos on here regarding Artificial Insemination,

I have a Question or 2 regarding things that cross my mind while watching this. PLEASE HELP

1) After you have done the test on your bitch and the test is positive and she has ovulate, How long have you got time to Inseminate or let your male cover her? 2) How long will she be still fertile?
3) Once you draw your males semen out of him for how long would this semen stay alive here at home before it’s useless?

Thanks

Officially Retired
06-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi Jack, I saw your videos on here regarding Artificial Insemination,
I have a Question or 2 regarding things that cross my mind while watching this. PLEASE HELP

Sure and glad you enjoyed the videos.

1) After you have done the test on your bitch and the test is positive and she has ovulate, How long have you got time to Inseminate or let your male cover her?
2) How long will she be still fertile?

1 and 2 are essentially the same questions, and (ideally) the female just begins to ovulate, and it takes 24-48 hours for the released eggs to mature. From there, there is typically a 4 Day Window to inseminate.

3) Once you draw your males semen out of him for how long would this semen stay alive here at home before it’s useless?
Thanks

If you chill the semen, and apply the semen extender, it can last 3-5 days. Also, if directly injected into the bitch, semen will likewise last 3-5 days.

This means you can breed a bitch on Day 1 of her ovulation (not heat cycle), and the semen will get up to the eggs and "hang out" until they're ready to be fertilized.

Therefore, 3 breedings can be made with an ovulation-tested bitch: 1) the day she ovulates; 2) two days later; and 3) 2 days after that.

Strictly-speaking, you only have to breed a bitch "once," which (if you only have 1 shot) should be on the 2nd day after ovulation.

Jack

gabbagabbahey
06-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Without getting the A.I. Dvd 6 or so yr ago & having the confidence taken from watching it,then i would have gave up on trying to breed a certain female.
As a footnote,one pup produced was named "Tug".
Thank you,Jack

Xavier101
06-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks a lot, Is all this information also in the bibel?

Officially Retired
06-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Without getting the A.I. Dvd 6 or so yr ago & having the confidence taken from watching it,then i would have gave up on trying to breed a certain female.
As a footnote,one pup produced was named "Tug".
Thank you,Jack

That is great to hear amigo, thank you for letting me know, and I am very pleased to hear you were able to achieve your goal :D

Officially Retired
06-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks a lot, Is all this information also in the bibel?

I can't remember. (I must be getting old :( )

I am pretty sure it's in the 20 Years of Breeding Secrets tho.

Jack