PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Tail Tips

DOGNMAN
07-09-2012, 04:09 AM
What is the best way to keep them in a good and healty state..never had this problem as bad as now..and still nothing changed..same setup?

If treated they lick it off..had some bandage on..not too tight couse of blood flow..they loose it or take it off..was thinking of some sticky mix lol

Please give some advise on this pain in the arse bloody tail tips..

hogdog
07-09-2012, 12:59 PM
super glue

OGDOGG
07-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Your dog is dehydrated. He needs more fluids in him. The healthier the dog the harder it is for their tail to crack. You could also keep them in a kennel with only a mat to lay on until their tail is fully heal. My dogs don't drink water by itself so I usually give them a lot of water along with their food. Good luck

DOGNMAN
07-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Cool stuff,will add water to the feed..thanks for your advise..what can i use on the raw tail tip..?

Nash
07-10-2012, 04:21 AM
Superglue.

OGDOGG
07-10-2012, 04:58 AM
Yes you could use super glue, but if you have a chewing dog it's not going to help. You just have to figure out a way to keep him from banging his tail and at the same time have him drink a lot of water(more than usual)What I would do is I'd look for the spot where most of his blood is at and keep him away from that spot. The best solution for me was keep that dog outside with plenty of space to move around and feed him lots of water. Being exposed to sunlight and his tail hitting that dirt will stop it faster than any medication you put on him.

Officially Retired
07-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Good advice from Ogdogg.

Adding oil to his feed would be good too, as would using Cut-Heal on the tip to lubricate it.

Jack