PDA

View Full Version : Jeep/redboy bloodline

Dogman
07-12-2012, 09:41 AM
What are the traits of this line? And do they reproduce there selves well or is it a hit and miss like a lot of other lines . I had a guy that told me he's tried a lot of other lines and it was a hit and miss but when he got jeep/redboy dogs that the percentages were way better everyone's opinions welcomed just trying to learn a little more on this line of dogs thanks alot

OGDOGG
07-12-2012, 04:37 PM
That cross seems to click good together. Seen some good ones and some okay, some game and some rank curs. They seemed to have average or above average mouth and are all around hounds. They also like to start out fast and try to finish. I don't use that line but where I'm from that's more than likely who I'll race against.

bxpits
07-12-2012, 10:09 PM
http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=341634

This is the jeep/redboy/rascal blood I run and im very pleased with it.
As described above they start quick and try to finish early. the best trait of this line
Seems to be gameness and the ability to reproduce it consistently.
Adding a little rascal or bullyson blood seems to always bring back the mouth.

skipper
07-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Beautiful animal bxpits. I have some experience with dogs from Tab through Gator crossed to Chinaman blood.

FrostyPaws
07-13-2012, 08:11 AM
This line of dogs carries whatever particular traits the individual is trying to breed for. The dogs I have are more Honeybunch/Redboy crosses more than anything else. Every line produces dogs like OG said: some good, some not so good, some curs, and some rank POS curs. It happens.

The particular dogs I have are bred more around animals that like the face. Most of the ones I have don't start out too fast, though there are those that do. They start off even keel, and when the other animal starts to slow down, then they start to snowball from there, and things just gradually get worse. That's not ALL of them. But that's the trick to it. I try to breed the even keel dogs that like the face, and then they snowball when the other starts to slow. If there are some that are fast out of the gate and can get it done, I'll add that here and there to keep things where they need to be.

In regards to what BX said, I've never had to add anything to bring back what mouth the dogs have. If you want to retain the mouth in that line of dogs, you have to breed dogs that have the kind of mouth you like from that line of dogs. If the dogs are mush mouth, then that's what you get when you breed. You can easily find a dog, within the same family, that has the mouth you'd like to see and breed to that. There's no reason to completely outcross when there are other ways to skin that cat.

I've seen a ton of shitty Jeep/Redboy dogs as it's a mainstay in regards to a line of dogs, so they're everywhere. Quality dogs from that line of dogs can win anywhere against anyone, just as any other quality dog from any other line. It's almost impossible to generalize an entire line of dogs from what a person has seen. That is just their experience.

Officially Retired
07-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Excellent post by Frosty Paws.

Here is one of the all-time-great Jeep/Redboy dogs IMO: Hardcore Kennels' Ch Redman ROM (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=3003).

I am going through my library of photos and happened across this great dog and so updated his page here :)

Enjoy,

Jack

Officially Retired
07-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Just updated the pedigree on his brother, Ch Bozack (3xW) (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=4850).

skipper
07-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Gotta love dogs with legs and built like that. Nice pics Jack!

Officially Retired
07-13-2012, 09:36 AM
I agree, they were fantastic-looking animals!

bxpits
07-13-2012, 12:45 PM
This line of dogs carries whatever particular traits the individual is trying to breed for. The dogs I have are more Honeybunch/Redboy crosses more than anything else. Every line produces dogs like OG said: some good, some not so good, some curs, and some rank POS curs. It happens.

The particular dogs I have are bred more around animals that like the face. Most of the ones I have don't start out too fast, though there are those that do. They start off even keel, and when the other animal starts to slow down, then they start to snowball from there, and things just gradually get worse. That's not ALL of them. But that's the trick to it. I try to breed the even keel dogs that like the face, and then they snowball when the other starts to slow. If there are some that are fast out of the gate and can get it done, I'll add that here and there to keep things where they need to be.

In regards to what BX said, I've never had to add anything to bring back what mouth the dogs have. If you want to retain the mouth in that line of dogs, you have to breed dogs that have the kind of mouth you like from that line of dogs. If the dogs are mush mouth, then that's what you get when you breed. You can easily find a dog, within the same family, that has the mouth you'd like to see and breed to that. There's no reason to completely outcross when there are other ways to skin that cat.

I've seen a ton of shitty Jeep/Redboy dogs as it's a mainstay in regards to a line of dogs, so they're everywhere. Quality dogs from that line of dogs can win anywhere against anyone, just as any other quality dog from any other line. It's almost impossible to generalize an entire line of dogs from what a person has seen. That is just their experience.

Never said to completely outcross, simply bringing it in through a hound heavy on the blood is good enough. I am not a breeder and my jeep hounds are competing and winning now I am outcrossing as well as line breeding for myself that can continue to perform. many many people just breed these dogs.
Im interested to see which strains you are working with that dont need anything to continue to compete.

FrostyPaws
07-13-2012, 03:31 PM
I never said dogs never need anything to compete. What I said is that there's no reason to completely outcross. Even though the dogs I have are more Honeybunch than Jeep, using a Bullyson dog would be an almost total outcross. I don't need that to compete with the dogs.

bxpits
07-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Would you care to share peds?

Dogman
07-15-2012, 02:20 PM
That seems to be the style and traits that my female carries .shes all around but loves the the head a mentor and a friend of mine classified her as being above average .she is jeep/redboy with a pinch of jocko on top and the bottom is redboy/snooty thru the mims and Leblanc stuff .she stooped a 1x winner on her first race and made her look like shit made her look slow as hell on the mill .i plan on breeding her to a well rounded jeep redboy dog when she comes in .well thanks everybody for the input

widerange
07-15-2012, 02:36 PM
I use redboy/ jeep stuff here on my yard and I'm very pleased with what I have. One female has really stood out she is double bred rawhide on top( redboy/jeep) and the btm half is off some redboy/jeep dogs( ch. Wags Reba, Ch rising star rhino jeep, mims stuff, holland cherry jubilee) w a touch of Eli off deloach Stuff. She has proved to be a great working dog and now I'm hoping with the background she has in her ped she will produce also.