PDA

View Full Version : A Subject That Has Always Bothered Me

AL Clown
12-27-2011, 03:58 AM
It really bothers me when I hear people say, "Oh I'm going to start him up today". There is no animal that comes with a starter, my feelings are people should learn to pay better attention to their animals and they would notice he/she has some interested. Given their are some hot pups, but they are just that pups and are by no means ready to hunt.

On the other hand, a animal that shows interest usually has reach some level of maturity and is better suited to handle the task asked of them. Understanding the animal and recognizing that level of maturity falls solely on the owner.

If your out their judging and/or forcing pups/unmature animals to play please stop it. Your only potentially wasting a good animal.

Officially Retired
12-27-2011, 04:12 AM
It really bothers me when I hear people say, "Oh I'm going to start him up today". There is no animal that comes with a starter, my feelings are people should learn to pay better attention to their animals and they would notice he/she has some interested. Given their are some hot pups, but they are just that pups and are by no means ready to hunt.
On the other hand, a animal that shows interest usually has reach some level of maturity and is better suited to handle the task asked of them. Understanding the animal and recognizing that level of maturity falls solely on the owner.
If your out their judging and/or forcing pups/unmature animals to play please stop it. Your only potentially wasting a good animal.

Very thoughtful post.

I will say that some dogs are naturally friendly, and will never show aggression unless attacked first, so there are some cases where you'll need to bump them in order to "elicit an aggressive response" ... however, this is a far cry from leaving an unstarted dog "down," that WON'T crank, when it is clear that he is not up for the task.

Further, just because a dog is coming of age where he'll "start on his own" doesn't mean he's ready for the whole drill yet. In other words, taking your 13 year old boy to spar with on old vet for 3 rounds, when he shows interest, so that you can acclimate him to boxing is one thing ... but putting him in there with a world-rated fighter, and forcing him to take that kind of a whipping for the whole distance, is quite another ...

One is a thoughtful introduction while the other is stupidity to the extreme ...

Jack

HOMEWORK215
12-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Man a lot of doggers don't have the time or patience to understand when is the right time .they thank cause that hound is breed good that this equates that at this age it should turn on . when that is so far from the truth if a person cares for there hound like that hound cares for them then they will take the time to learn when is the right time . that's why many a good dog has been ruined because of ignorance and false pride i don't pay any attention to people like that

Officially Retired
12-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Man a lot of doggers don't have the time or patience to understand when is the right time .they thank cause that hound is breed good that this equates that at this age it should turn on . when that is so far from the truth if a person cares for there hound like that hound cares for them then they will take the time to learn when is the right time . that's why many a good dog has been ruined because of ignorance and false pride i don't pay any attention to people like that

Well said.

HOMEWORK215
12-29-2011, 05:52 PM
i sold a guy the uncle and mother to my jada dog(BANJO, BB.RED, BOLIO, ELI,RED DEVIL THIS GUY TURN AROUND AND STARTED THE UNCLE AT 8 OR 9 MONTHS I CALLED AND TOLD ME WHAT HE DID MAN I WAS HOT EVEN DO HE HANDLED HIS I WAS MAD I TOLD HIM BRO I'M BUSY CAN'T TALK AND THIS GUY WAS SUPPOSE TO BE LONG TIME DOG MAN I TOLD HIM THE WAY THERE ARE BREED THERE GONNA WANT IT EARLY BUT WAIT ON THEM AND YOU WOULD NOT BE DISAPIONTED IT'S BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THAT I DON'T SALE DOGS BECAUSE THEY JUST DON'T APPRECIATE THESE ANIMAL THAT WILL BUST THEIR HEARTS FOR YOU MAN YOU GOTTA LOVE IT

DIPSET318
01-02-2012, 09:41 AM
I ALWAYS TELL MY PATNERS, MY DOGS TELL ME WHEN THEIR READY THEY THINK IM CRAZY. I REALLY BELIEVE THAT IF YOU HAVE A BOND WITH YOUR DOGS THEY SPEAK TO YOU THROUGH YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND. AND IT TAKES A DEVOTED PERSON TO TAP INTO THAT.

HOMEWORK215
01-04-2012, 11:12 PM
I ALWAYS TELL MY PATNERS, MY DOGS TELL ME WHEN THEIR READY THEY THINK IM CRAZY. I REALLY BELIEVE THAT IF YOU HAVE A BOND WITH YOUR DOGS THEY SPEAK TO YOU THROUGH YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND. AND IT TAKES A DEVOTED PERSON TO TAP INTO THAT. ;) ;) ;) say it again bro some many so-called doggers have ruined good hound because of lack of TRUE EXPERIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING of there hounds and put them out there b4 there truly ready.