PDA

View Full Version : your picks

scary
07-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Ok jack and friends let me see how get this into question form. Ok for the people that have 2+ dogs. When it's feeding time in what order do you feed your hounds? Do you go from front to back back to front? We all have out one's like the old man silver back that we tend to favor more. Do you feed your favorites first. Same question when it comes to exercising or attention time. Or am i putting to much though into this? Thanks.

skipper
07-31-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm feeding in the order how they stand. The dog closest my door gets his food first and then the next aso. Oh my house dog gets fed first. Thats only because if I would go out and feed the others first I would have to fix the windows LOL.

OGDOGG
07-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Feed the loud ones first, then the ones with manner last. You know good things come to those who wait;)
I also work the vocal ones first. By the time they done with their daily workouts, it's peaceful around here.

skipper
07-31-2012, 11:11 PM
That will only learn them that noise will come rewarded. I have a small yard and the dogs are close to my house. So mine wont get fed until they are quiet.

OGDOGG
08-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Over the years I develope a startegy where they won't even know when their food is coming. I stopped chopping chicken everyday, instead I chopped them into two ice cream buckets and store them. So all I have to do is cook rice and serve it with chicken and eggs.
Then I'll feed the ones out on the yard first since they won't be working out for the day. Once they're fed they won't care if the ones in the garage are getting worked on. I rotate them in and out every three days. I have all of mines on pre-keep throughout the year.
Also when they get their daily exercise, they seem to be more relaxed and lay back, up until they know it's time to work.

Officially Retired
08-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Feed the loud ones first, then the ones with manner last. You know good things come to those who wait;)
I also work the vocal ones first. By the time they done with their daily workouts, it's peaceful around here.

Word!

I also arrange my dogs from loudest to least-loud ... and have made dozens of "for sale" decisions based on loudness too :lol:

Silent, well-mannered dogs are much more likely to be "keepers" ;)

Jack

Strip
08-20-2012, 02:39 PM
it all depends

thefoodchain
08-20-2012, 04:37 PM
What I do is lay the bowls out from first and last one on the yard and go from there. Now I notice when my brother feeds up he'll get his favorites first.

bgblok68
08-21-2012, 04:13 AM
Feed them as they stand on the yard. Out the door, turn right and circle the house.They sit and be quite, I put down the food and then tell them they can get it. Some do good while others cant hardly keep from exploding. Make the round then make another round watering. Third lap is to pick up after them and a fouth lap to spend a little time with them rubbing,petting, wrestling or whatever depending on the dog. And of course talk to them all. lol Takes a few hours a day but it works good here.