PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of Title

HateBreed
08-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Good day Gents

Can someone please tell me the meaning of - PR - in-front of most of the Amstaff dogs and OFRN dogs?

Thanx

widerange
08-10-2012, 04:02 AM
It's a UKC reg. title for purple ribbon it means that at less 7 generation behind that dog can be tracked under the UKC regeration I believe someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong I wouldn't want to post something that wasn't correct

08-10-2012, 08:14 AM
"Purple Ribbon" is a distinction UKC gives to a dog if all 14 ancestors within a dog's three generation pedigree (parents, grandparents, great grandparents) are each registered with United Kennel Club.

Purple Ribbon is indicated by the letters “PR” at the beginning of a dog’s name and also by a comma (,) instead of a dash (-) within the dog’s UKC number.

In order to receive a complete Seven Generation pedigree (showing 254 ancestors), the dog’s parents must both be registered as Purple Ribbon. A Six Generation pedigree for the dog that was not produced by Purple Ribbon parents may have some “Open” entries depending on the availability of pedigree information on record with UKC.

UKC will automatically add the letters 'PR' to the beginning of the dog's registered name and the 'PR' will not count toward the 30 characters and spaces limitation for the allowable length of the dog's registered name.

http://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/WebPages/Registration/FAQsPurple

HateBreed
08-11-2012, 01:24 AM
Thanx allot