PDA

View Full Version : Limping...

inkdogg
08-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Hi few days back my dog was running through some grass and der was a small hole in which he i think sprained his right front leg,the next morning wen he woke up he limped a bit den was ok...i didnt let him do any running for the next few days and he seemed fine ...yesterday we were playing fetch and the limping returned its very slight but i hate its still der...Since it happened i massage his legs..he is a house dog keeps jumping up n down d sofa ..by the way der is no swelling, I was wondering if i could apply some pain relief ointment, or go to the vet right away. He is 16 months old...on raw diet and lately started feeding him chicken feet ..
Thanks

FrostyPaws
08-28-2012, 02:44 PM
The dog isn't in any pain nor does he need to go to the vet for any reason from what you describe. If it is a sprain, which it sounds like, it will resolve itself on it's own.

Officially Retired
08-28-2012, 03:21 PM
I would give the animal a week off at least.

Rotate the joint and look for any mis-alignment, and also listen for any popping.

If it's a sprain, time off will heal it, but exercising now may exacerbate it.

Jack

hogdog
08-29-2012, 11:42 PM
check the pads!

inkdogg
08-30-2012, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the replies... i rotated his joints der was no popping ..the pads are fine...looks like it was a sprain coz dis morning he is walking perfect.. anyways ill avoid letting him run for a couple of days...
Thanks