PDA

View Full Version : Pup whizzing

Eliman
09-03-2012, 01:51 AM
3 week old pup whizzing a lil I gave him a small dose of amoxicillin labor day weekend vets all closed tomorrow I will call in as emergency if nesacery just checking for any other suggestions

RoughNeck

Officially Retired
09-04-2012, 08:27 AM
3 week old pup whizzing a lil I gave him a small dose of amoxicillin labor day weekend vets all closed tomorrow I will call in as emergency if nesacery just checking for any other suggestions
RoughNeck

I am not sure exactly what your pup's problem is.

I am guessing you believe he has a urinary tract infection. One thing to remember about antibiotics is this: you should never give "a" dose of antibiotics (you can make things worse that way).

Instead, you should always 1) research the problem, 2) select the right antibiotic for the job, and 3) then give the selected antibiotic at the right dosage, at the right frequency, and for the right duration of treatment.

For a more complete understanding of what I am talking about, I suggest you take a moment to read my article Understanding Antibiotics (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/content.php?176).

Hope this helps,

Jack

scratchin dog
09-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I thought he meant wheezing?

Officially Retired
09-04-2012, 09:36 AM
I thought he meant wheezing?

LOL, and he may well have, but the answer would be the same regardless ;)

(Although there would probably be a greater variety of potential causes for wheezing, which would make identifying the actual problem more critical.)

Jack

Eliman
09-04-2012, 04:54 PM
:embarrassed: you are correct I ment wheezing :lol: but all is good vet checked him out it had cleared up considerably by this morning thanx

RoughNeck