PDA

View Full Version : Raw vs Dry feed

YigYang
12-27-2011, 05:49 PM
I usually feed my dogs dry feed until i am conditioning them. What would be the better choice , feeding raw or dry.
Also what dry foods would be the best choice for my pets, And if i was to start to feed raw, i would think that feeding raw would be alot more expensive

Officially Retired
12-28-2011, 04:35 AM
I usually feed my dogs dry feed until i am conditioning them. What would be the better choice , feeding raw or dry.
Also what dry foods would be the best choice for my pets, And if i was to start to feed raw, i would think that feeding raw would be alot more expensive

Raw is clearly better, and in fact you know raw is clearly better, which is why you feed raw in your keep :mrgreen:

Raw is actually less expensive, it's 10x better for their longterm health, the only problem is it takes more time to prepare.

I will be making a large post on canine nutrition in the next day or so, that will cover this subject in more detail, so stay tuned!

Jack

YigYang
12-28-2011, 09:54 AM
ok thnx jack.... i am now considering in fact i will switch to raw. Whats the best site to order from or would you recommend buying from a local mill store

classic pitbull
01-02-2012, 08:23 AM
ok thnx jack.... i am now considering in fact i will switch to raw. Whats the best site to order from or would you recommend buying from a local mill store
I usually get chicken at .80-.90 cents a pound and free beef trims/scraps from the grocery store meat department and it comes out to be around a dollar a day. I can probably pay less when I get more creative on meat sources and contact with butchers.

Dre21
01-03-2012, 10:12 AM
I feed raw because it's a more natural diet for the dogs to adapt to. It's almost like they are getting a workout when they eat, they don't just inhale it like they do kibble. If you look around like on craigslist and other places, you can get some really, really good deals on meat. One interesting story is that the city next to mine has a ban on our breed. As I was walking my dog through there, the animal control guy pulled me over. He was cool though (unlike most) and was just doing his job. Long story short, this city has ALOT of deer running around it, and they often get hit by cars. He said if I would like, I could call him every so often to come pick up deer that have been recently killed by cars on the road. Also, at Wal-Mart, they mark down leg quarters by like $1.75 a few days before the experation date. I also can get UNLIMITED deer scraps for $5.00 at a local processor. It's more than one way to skin a cat, just gotta keep your ear to the streets and your eyes open.