PDA

View Full Version : Rollerblading with Machobear (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME)

evolutionkennels
09-16-2012, 06:49 PM
http://youtu.be/g5meRoZVNwk
I've been rollerblading for 30 years. I firmly ask that you do not try this at home. For me, its one of the best conditioning tools that you can use. The reason is that you can FEEL how strong the dog is. Day 1, I rollerblade along with him, day two, I let him pull until I feel him pulling less. When I feel he is not pulling so hard, then I rollerblade alongside him...never letting him come to a complete stop. Day 3, I rollerblade alongside him. Day 4 I rest him completely. The trick is to get to the point that on the second day he pulls hard non-stop. Then you know he has the strength built up in him. At the end you taper it down. The treadmill doesn't tell you when the dog is tired, neither does the cat-mill, but on BLADES... you can FEEL it. This is a 10 Week process. Anyway, It started to rain and it was too slippery, not to mention I was recording with the right hand while the left hand was holding on to Machobear. Again, do not try this at home.

skipper
09-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Nice. This is my absoulte favorite conditioning tool. And I do it with all my dogs. Get's you some great control. Bear looks great. But I agree, unless you are like a cat on those things don't try it.

R2L
09-17-2012, 02:51 AM
Do not try this home, but outside.

Treadmill doesnt tell you when a dog is tired?

evolutionkennels
09-17-2012, 03:52 AM
"Don't try this at home" is an American expression.

AlienInvasion
09-17-2012, 04:13 AM
Great video and "action cam" work! Bear is a specimen and love the way he's constantly on the prowl ;)
Nice way to work one too.

evolutionkennels
09-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Yeah.... he's a seek and destroy type bulldog

Officially Retired
09-17-2012, 12:35 PM
I couldn't see too much, as video doesn't stream too well from my home, but that does look like a GREAT workout ... and lots of fun :)

Jack

dtakennels
09-17-2012, 03:31 PM
What are you putting on his pads.....

evolutionkennels
09-18-2012, 08:24 AM
The stuff from California Jack's bundle.