PDA

View Full Version : hot pup

FACE203
12-27-2011, 07:21 PM
What does this mean, to you?

bluebeard
12-27-2011, 09:37 PM
means he will probably get ruined...at least that is the first thing that pops in my mind when i read the other board

YigYang
12-27-2011, 10:02 PM
means he will probably get ruined...at least that is the first thing that pops in my mind when i read the other board

i will agree with this sometimes, depending on the owner.
when some wanna be breeders ruin there pet but letting the dogs behaivor and attitude get ahead of them and ruin there dog by starting them to early.

FACE203
12-28-2011, 04:13 AM
Okay is this example hot pups: pups 6wks old, goin at each other(not to bad). Come feed time, owner goes in, to feed.. pups goin at pants legs, shoe laces etc. By 8wks, owner has to put pup in separate pen, place feed, then let pups back in. 10wks pups have to be separated and hit anything. I mean the owner can't even put his hands in pen without pups goin after it.. I mean pups jumping and really clamping :shock: so is these hot pups? In my opinion they crazy pups.. lol

Bojacc357
12-28-2011, 03:55 PM
If a pup is just confident and vibrant in any surrounding I'm happy. Still the same a hot pup does make you feel good but should still be treated as just a pup.

HOMEWORK215
12-28-2011, 04:42 PM
in the right hands hot pups mite be allowed to grow up and be hot adult some so called dog man-woman mite see this and run with it. The thing they forget is a pup is just that a pup it's when you let that pup grow up a become a adult that matter (NEVER SEND A CHILD TO DO A MANS JOB)

FACE203
12-28-2011, 04:55 PM
When I say hit any thing.. I'm talking about flirt pole, towel, shoe, pants etc.. not another animal, sorry about the confusing... He does NOT put them on other animals...lol

It seemed like he was kinda scared, to go in the pen with them hee hee
I know I don't want any pups like that lol

So are these hot pups or are they a little off?

HOMEWORK215
12-28-2011, 05:06 PM
those are pups that you want because there acting the way they're suppose and you incourage that because it's instinct for them to go after things like that they will learn this and as they get older enjoy they become easier to work with and start to do it to please there owner

FACE203
12-29-2011, 02:49 AM
those are pups that you want because there acting the way they're suppose and you incourage that because it's instinct for them to go after things like that they will learn this and as they get older enjoy they become easier to work with and start to do it to please there owner

I understand that and agree with you...

What I don't like is the fact, he can't even pet, rub or praise/love on them.(I prolly should have said this earlier) I guess, its a fine line, a line I can't see crossing... I want to be able to hold, play, praise/love on my pups/dogs. Hell, if they snapping at you like that, how can you give them meds...

Another question lol
Man biters, do they show this trait at an early age, as a general rule?

Bojacc357
12-29-2011, 06:51 AM
He better correct it fast. I had a couple that bite like that as pups. Everytime they started I pick them up ahead them in the air. That unstable feeling they could fall made them stop. While putting them down I pet them. It took awhile and still when they get excited they want to grab but not with aggression.

Officially Retired
12-29-2011, 08:46 AM
At the end of the day, being "hot" means nothing (except maybe you don't have to worry about starting them). As has been mentioned, sometimes people will rush a hot dog and give him too much, too fast.

The hottest pup I ever had was Pretty Boy (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=98399), who was fully-started at 6 weeks of age, and had to be put on a chain about the same time he got his first parvo shot, as he was attacking his littermates.

I sold Pretty Boy as a puppy to a greenhorn who went by Tiger Kennels, and (without ever rolling Pretty Boy even once), this guy just handwalked & matched a totally unschooled, 16-month-old Pretty Boy into M.P. in GA ... and Pretty Boy overcame all odds and won in 2:42. Just imagine that: a 16 month old having to go 2:42 on his first time EVER in a pit! Later, the guy got out and sold Pretty Boy to Showdown Kennels, who matched Pretty Boy into Ch Big Boy ... which was only Pretty Boy's second time down ... and Pretty Boy lost game in 1:10. So, even though Pretty Boy never got ruined, he damned sure could have been.

Okay, so Pretty Boy was a double-barrel game dog who "started early," but what about TALENT?

I bought Pretty Boy back and was breeding him to some bitches, when I had another super-hot pup named Icon (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=98065) (a cousin to Pretty Boy). By 9 months, Icon was after anything that moved, and by 11 months he could not be chained within EYESHOT of another male (I literally could only chain him next to bitches). Icon did not start as early as Pretty Boy, but @ 11 months I rolled him with Pretty Boy ... and the young Icon wiped up the floor with the older (5-lb larger, 4-hour fastlane-experienced) Pretty Boy. Pretty Boy was a game dog, and he "started earlier" than Icon ... but what did that have to do with TALENT? Nothing.

Icon simply had more ability in his toenail than Pretty Boy had in his whole body ... and "how early" each started had nothing whatsoever to do with their TALENT. Sure, Pretty Boy was the "official winner," but as the breeder of both dogs, I knew which individual was better than which ... which brings up which brings up a whole other subject which is ... does being "an official winner" mean anything :lol:

Jack

FACE203
12-29-2011, 10:04 AM
The guy I am talking about has been with the dogs for atleast 30yrs. His kids are grown, so he doesn't have to worry about them and knows what to do with them...

I was just asking basically, are these just hot pups or crazy pups.. Also, if you all thought they may be man biters or do hot pups usually try to bite the hand that feeds them..

Thanks for all replys

red dog
12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Can ruff pups ruin each other at the 3 or 4 month mark . I have heard of two really ruff pups going at it until one doesn't want anything to do with it is he or she ruined ?

DIPSET318
01-01-2012, 10:05 PM
A HOT PUP TO ME IS A PUP THAT'S ALWAYS WIRED, ALERT, AND ON TOP OF EVERYTHING GOING ON AROUND HIM. YOU EVER JUST ALMOST DREAD CLEANING TIME BECAUSE YOUR PUPS ARE SO INTENSE, THEY JUST WANNA PLAY, BUT YOU JUST WANNA GET IN AND GET OUT ? DO HE HATE EVERY LIVING CREATURE BESIDES A HUMAN? WELL YOU'VE GOT YOURSELF A HOT PUP, BUT THAT'S ALL JUST A HOT PUP NOTHING MORE UNTIL HE'S A "HOT DOG" :lol:. TO ME IT'S AMAZING TO GO OUT ON THE YARD AND SEE THOSE CRAZY ASS PUPS, GOING CRAZY. IT'S A GREAT FEELING YOU GET IT MAKES YOU FEEL YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE DOING YOUR HOMEWORK AND BREEDING FOR PURPOSE AND NOT JUST SOLEY FOR PROCREATION OF THE BREED. THAT'S MY TAKE :|

FACE203
01-02-2012, 04:08 AM
A HOT PUP TO ME IS A PUP THAT'S ALWAYS WIRED, ALERT, AND ON TOP OF EVERYTHING GOING ON AROUND HIM. YOU EVER JUST ALMOST DREAD CLEANING TIME BECAUSE YOUR PUPS ARE SO INTENSE, THEY JUST WANNA PLAY, BUT YOU JUST WANNA GET IN AND GET OUT ? DO HE HATE EVERY LIVING CREATURE BESIDES A HUMAN? WELL YOU'VE GOT YOURSELF A HOT PUP, BUT THAT'S ALL JUST A HOT PUP NOTHING MORE UNTIL HE'S A "HOT DOG" :lol:. TO ME IT'S AMAZING TO GO OUT ON THE YARD AND SEE THOSE CRAZY ASS PUPS, GOING CRAZY. IT'S A GREAT FEELING YOU GET IT MAKES YOU FEEL YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE DOING YOUR HOMEWORK AND BREEDING FOR PURPOSE AND NOT JUST SOLEY FOR PROCREATION OF THE BREED. THAT'S MY TAKE :|

Thx for your input :!:

TownBizz
01-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Here's my definition of a HOT pup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU7Pk4zSk0
This is my boy when he was a young pup. That whole litter was on fire at 5 - 6 weeks old! He's now 18 months old and he is still the same 100 mph mofo as he was back then!!!

Here he is now:
http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pictures/407088.jpg (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=407088)

relentless
01-03-2012, 07:46 PM
He better correct it fast. I had a couple that bite like that as pups. Everytime they started I pick them up ahead them in the air. That unstable feeling they could fall made them stop. While putting them down I pet them. It took awhile and still when they get excited they want to grab but not with aggression.

I agree. All of mine were like that but I didn't hold them in the air. Instead, I grabbed mine by the mouth and give it a lil squeeze and tell it DROP IT. If that doesn't work then I grabb them, run my thumb down the side of it's jaw (while still holding their mozzle of course) & place my thumb between the same space you place a parting stick & hold it as if was a big mouth bass or a crappy. It can't close it's mouth while being held that way. I do the grown 1's the same way when I'm giving wormer. They eat out of these hands & drink. This is the reason I say there is no such thing as a manbiter. You can't allow them to be bratts or they could grow to test you & others. That goes for any breed. That doesn't take away from gameness but it shows smarts.

Pistol
01-05-2012, 07:16 AM
A hot pup doesn't mean anything. We all enjoy looking at hot little pups shake the hell out of the others, but in the end it has no bearing on the overall outcome of pup (A) and pup (B). What I am basically getting at is that the worst acting runt of the bunch may far exceed the future endeavors of the firecracker in the litter. Some take a little bit longer to come into their own, but in the end it's nature over nurture.

Dre21
01-05-2012, 11:05 AM
I'd be interested in knowing how these pups are bred. Pups can be somewhat rambunctious, just like kids can. You have to monitor/control/encourage/nurture/streamline the pups personality. Better to build a pup than to mold a dog IMO!