PDA

View Full Version : seperate sessions

thebutcher
09-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Hey jack I would like to know with ur keep if its ok to do some in the am and the rest in the pm.ive heard of split sessions with other keeps just wondering what's ur take on it or anyone else's. Thanks

Officially Retired
09-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Hi there;

My keep doesn't really have split sessions, but I know human boxers (MMA fighters, etc.) train like this, so I don't think it would be a problem to do so for dogs.

It might even be an optimal way to train. Perhaps, say for example, a strength training workout in the AM, and an endurance/reflexes workout in the PM (or visa versa), etc.

Certainly, I don't think you would hurt your dog doing this, and it may ultimately prove to be the way to go.

Jack

thebutcher
09-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks jack. Just wanted to know from the experts. Ive been using ur keep with a lot of success. Its working for me.ive made three champs and a four time winner using it

Officially Retired
09-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks jack. Just wanted to know from the experts. Ive been using ur keep with a lot of success. Its working for me.ive made three champs and a four time winner using it

That is great, glad to hear it :D

Maybe if you get the time, you can post their pedigrees/photos here on this database.

In the meantime, since you've already been very successful, maybe you could give your ideas a try (and adapt the keep), and let us all know if you can see any tangible benefits.

We're all still learning and still experimenting, and so we can use this forum to bounce ideas off each other and see how they work 8)

Jack

EWO
12-02-2012, 03:54 AM
I have never did split sessions. It has always been work, supplement feed, rest 10-12 hours and feed to weight, then rest again for 10-12 hours. On the days designated for rest I still walk them out twice a day to keep their routine intact. But the second walk of the day is 10-15 minutes after the dump so that would not be a split session. EWO