PDA

View Full Version : BEST OIL WHEN FEEDING RAW?

MEAUXTIVATION
09-18-2012, 10:54 AM
About to start feeding raw and wanted to know what is the oil to use?

Albino Rhino
11-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm sure everyone has a favorite .. but based on what I've read , I'm going to try coconut oil and a hemp seed oil ... I have used Flax for years , but want to see if I can spot a difference using coconut or the hemp seed oils.

CRISIS
11-01-2012, 04:38 PM
i know that coconut oil is a good source for triglycerides...

Albino Rhino
11-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Yes, said to be of the highest source of MCT .

Albino Rhino
11-01-2012, 11:58 PM
After getting a chance to spend some time on this site today , reading the many different threads and opinions of others , I'm beginning to get the picture that maybe Flax isn't so good for my dogs !?! ..yikes... But thats what I'm here for ... LEARNING ... So keep it up !!!! .

R2L
11-02-2012, 02:15 AM
flax is a good omega 3 fat source.

tasoschatz
11-02-2012, 02:31 AM
I use extra virgin olive oil because that is what we have prenty of in here. For Ω3 I supply max epa capsules from seven seas, the product that is used as medicine for heart and high cholesterol patients. For Ω6 sunflower oil is a cheap and effective option.
I do not know about flax oil and dogs but I do remember years ago some researchers claims that it presents estrogen like effects. The same goes for all soy products, even olive oil was accused for that but then it was droped as mild effect that presents benefit for lowering cholesterol, protecting heart etc. I repeat, all this is info regarding humans.

Albino Rhino
11-03-2012, 01:27 PM
that's why I moved away from the popular DYNE Supplement as its Soybean based and moved on to Flax , now going to try Coconut and Hemp Seed Oils.

CRISIS
11-19-2012, 01:14 PM
where can i get ahold of straight chicken ft/lard??? or even pig lard?? ive found crisco in tubs but thats shortening and not really a natural fat....

scratchin dog
11-19-2012, 10:05 PM
where can i get ahold of straight chicken ft/lard??? or even pig lard?? ive found crisco in tubs but thats shortening and not really a natural fat....

Walmart sells lard. The brand name is Armour. The 64 oz. tub is about 7 bucks.

wrknapbt
11-20-2012, 03:09 AM

In your profile it says you are located in the Golden state which I think means California. If you go into a spanish market and ask for manteca they will sell you a barrel of it for little or nothing.

BSK
11-25-2012, 04:18 PM
crisis I know u asked me where I get my chicken fat from in my Post on chicken fat in a keeP. I Bring mine from work.It's not lard though,mine is freshly kut off the chicken

CRISIS
11-25-2012, 07:27 PM
right now im using "manteca: snow cap lard" from wal mart......makin my dogs shit water!!!! and a bunch of white spots commin out of his stool......

Officially Retired
12-02-2012, 03:03 PM
There is a difference between "cheap lard" and the best sources of oil ... they are not the same thing :idea:

CRISIS
12-02-2012, 06:04 PM
so whats the best source of oil so far i alternate between lard/coconut oil/ & pig fat.......