PDA

View Full Version : Breeding

nationalboy
09-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Can anyone please give me some insight on what i should do about my young 10monthmail old male got ahold of my yr old bitch and i believe she is prego..

Officially Retired
09-23-2012, 07:15 PM
No disrespect, but what you really need to worry about is your unprofessional kenneling practices ... as your bitch should not have been accessible to your male.

As for what to do with your bitch, I don't think abortions are good for bitches, and so you are going to have an unwanted litter of pups, for no other reason than because you're not keeping your dogs professionally.

So the real questions to ask are, how did this happen, and what measures are you going to take to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Good luck,

Jack

nationalboy
09-24-2012, 04:29 PM
No direspect taken jack,thanks for your response.My bitch is very very smart she has proved it ,experincing her first heat i never saw her act the way that she was carrying on . she has been kept in a nice pen i built with my own hands since i made the long trip to get her and the fine young pup that got hold of her.i do believe you prejudged me,kennel accidents has been and always will be.what im going to do is,treat my litter as i would treat any other planned breeding there's nothing wrong with the way these pups are bread (grade A).i had no intention on breeding my male he has promising show career to worry about .thanks for response again....

act284
09-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Kennel accidents do happen to the best of us but the right mindset is to realize it was a slip on YOUR part and you need to change things up to ensure it doesn't repeat itself. Don't accept these mistakes and poor management as things that will always happen to all of us because that thinking is what allows it to be repeated. I know of a lot of seasoned dogmen who have accidents yearly. It's not because they want it that way, but they either get lazy or aren't OCD about making sure shit is 110% all the time and then they give themselves excuses.

nationalboy
09-26-2012, 09:37 AM
well spoken act284 i did jump to the defensive side which calls for excuses most of the time.i did what i had to do to correct the defected pen but my young bitch is still carrying a premature litter this is something held in high regards as to never repeat itself i go over and beyond for my dogs. thanks cali jack aswell act284 because evrything you guys said and through my exceptance and respect for your advice only made me a much better world class owner of the greatest breed in the world...

Officially Retired
09-27-2012, 08:44 AM
No direspect taken jack,thanks for your response.My bitch is very very smart she has proved it ,experincing her first heat i never saw her act the way that she was carrying on . she has been kept in a nice pen i built with my own hands since i made the long trip to get her and the fine young pup that got hold of her.i do believe you prejudged me,kennel accidents has been and always will be.what im going to do is,treat my litter as i would treat any other planned breeding there's nothing wrong with the way these pups are bread (grade A).i had no intention on breeding my male he has promising show career to worry about .thanks for response again....

Good point!

LOL, I have to admit, I put Laguna Sunrise up in a pen when she was in full heat ... and then walked away and forgot to secure the latch ... and pretty soon out she went and was in the front yard being "courted" by not one ... but THREE stray males all wanting a piece of her pretty ass :lol:

Fortunately, I got to her before they did, but yes indeed accidents and f-ups happen to us all :embarrassed:

Jack