PDA

View Full Version : Gr.Ch.Machobuck and Mr.Machobuck DNA Results are in

evolutionkennels
09-26-2012, 07:57 PM
One word... AWESOME. I knew that Mr.Machobuck looked like his sire, acted, like him, speaks like him, and even hit the same spots with the same style. But I didn't expect the DNA to be so close. 7 out of the 10 Alleles are IDENTICAL, 17/20 individual are the same! See results: Ill be posting the color versions once the ADBA ships them. Patty Bullock sent me this one today telling me how remarkably close to a clone these results are. https://home.comcast.net/~evolutionknls/Mr.Machobuck%20&%20Machobuck%20DNA%20001.jpg
FYI, the top DNA belongs to Gr.Ch.Machobuck and the bottom one belongs to Mr.Machobuck. Other results below
MY STUDS:
1. Mr.Machobuck has 7/10 identical Alleles
2. Super Machobuck has 4/10 identical Alleles
3. Machobear II has 5/10 identical Alleles

MY BITCHES
1. Machabear Prime has 7/10 Alleles identical
2. Miss Machobuck has 4/10 Alleles identical

I was a bit surprised.

pig mad
09-26-2012, 09:05 PM
How you get that done mate?

AlienInvasion
09-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Nice! So, Mr. Machobuck x Machabear when!? :D
Gotta love Science

evolutionkennels
09-27-2012, 04:18 AM
Exactly Alien.. if i bred blind just by pedigree, i'd breed Mr.Machobuck or Super Machobuck to Miss Machobuck whenever I want to preserve that blood. NOW THAT I KNOW BETTER, I'll breed MR.Macho to Machabear and get really close to getting clone like results. DNA TESTING TAKES THE GUESSWORK OUT OF THE EQUATION.

evolutionkennels
09-27-2012, 05:01 AM
Pig mad, i sent cheek swabs to the lab from all my dogs, used a drop of semen from Machobuck.

skootermc
09-27-2012, 07:39 AM
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! TECHNOLOGY IS BEAUTIFUL ISNT IT..IM PLANNING ON DOING THE SAME WITH A FAMILY OF HOUNDS IM RAISING...."DONT GIVE EVERYBODY THE SECRETS THO.." JUST PLAYING EVERYONE SHOULD TAKE HEED TO THIS CONCEPT.

evolutionkennels
09-27-2012, 08:01 AM
BD FF AC EF DE FG CC BD CC AF MACHOBUCK
BD FF AC DF EE FG CC BD CC AB MR.MACHOBUCK
BB FF AC EF DE GH CC BB CC AF MACHABEAR PRIME

IF WE BREED MACHABEAR TO MR.MACHOBUCK 5/10 ALLELES ALREADY MATCH. THE FIRST AND FIFTH ARE VERY LIKELY, AND THE FOURTH, SIXTH, AND 10TH ARE A ROLL OF THE DICE.

Officially Retired
09-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Interesting stuff Evo :)

I have always done things like your original statement (you can just "see" the Machobuck in certain specimens) ... and I could just "see" the Poncho/Silverback in certain specimens too.

However, it is nice to be able to get actual statistical feedback documenting where the similarities and differences are.

Fascinating!

Jack

Officially Retired
09-27-2012, 08:15 AM
PS: I know you are studying genetics, do you have any idea what each of the "BD FF AC EF" refers to specifically?

evolutionkennels
09-27-2012, 08:42 AM
I'd have to have more samples from different sons and daughters of his. It could be many factors. One of the differences is size, as mr.is only 44 pounds. Machabear is as big as Machobuck, so I'd have to see which ones are the same in Machabear and MR. And use deductive reasoning. The other one is color as machabear is yellow and Machobuck and mr.Machobuck are dark red. As for now I'm thinking the very first allele is color since both MR. And the original share that allele and Machabear does not. The last one may be size, as Machobuck and Machabear share it and MR. Does not. But those are just guesses, I need more samples off Machobuck offspring to be able to back those claims. The short answer is genotypes. The two letters are DNA markers. Each DNA marker or allele pairs contain an allele from each parent. If the offspring does not have at least one letter or marker from the sire at each allele pair then he is disqualified as the parent.

Officially Retired
09-27-2012, 09:30 AM
This really is taking breeding to a whole new level.

I think of breeding consistent dogs as more of an "art" or a "knack" ... but with some tangible reasoning and breeding patterns behind it ... and this is basically science backing up the art so it's great that you're sharing these things here, thanks.

Jack

bxpits
09-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Amazing results

evolutionkennels
09-27-2012, 12:22 PM
This really is taking breeding to a whole new level.

I really think of breeding consistent dogs as more of an "art" or a "knack" ... but with some tangible reasoning and breeding patterns behind it ... and this is basically science backing up the art so it's great that you're sharing these things here, thanks.

Jack

The good thing about science is that it prevents loss of time. If it wasn't for the DNA test, I'd have bred supermachobuck to miss Machobuck to preserve the blood, and I'd be wasting time. The correct breeding is MR.Machobuck to Machabear

Officially Retired
09-27-2012, 01:51 PM
That is a great point.

R2L
09-27-2012, 04:11 PM
So what does the DNA says about gameness and ability.

unknow kennel
09-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Evo that why I ------ with u you always doing something to make something better I like that my boy

evolutionkennels
09-28-2012, 08:35 PM
So what does the DNA says about gameness and ability.
Well sir, I'm assuming that's what Machobucks DNA is bringing to the table

bxpits
10-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Can you give me your opinions on this set of DNA alleles.
Your example is a perfect example of how the genes can be passed
On to almost having a clone of the sire. But what happens when the match
Is only on the first allele of a pair in particular the dominant one?

cd ff ab de dd fg cd bb ff ab
cc ef aa ee dd ff bb bb dg bb

So you see 5 dominant alleles match and 3 recessive alleles match while 2 are a identical match.
Just trying to make sense of this now as I feel its a very useful tool in breeding, thanks.

evolutionkennels
10-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Dogs are very closely related..... but top dog is not sire of bottom dog.... close though

Abe
10-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Thank you for sharing this info !
This is why I try to push anyone serious about there dogs to this forum

bxpits
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Thata what I was looking for as the top dog is in the 4th generation of the bottom dog.
This is a very good tool to both verify parentage and how to breed to bring back certain
genetic genes back and duplicate a old or dead dog.
Thanks evo for taking the time to post this. I will be DNA profiling my most important
Proven hounds now.

Abe
10-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Already working on owners from past dogs in my dogs ped !!!
Great tool thank you for opening my eyes

ResidentKennel
10-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Very good information to know.

BlackHowling
09-10-2014, 06:22 PM
So basically we are looking at the punnets square of dihybrid autosomul alleles. Intresting, with this information you can predict downstream the type of offspring produced, it would require using the chi sqare test for independant assortment on the specified alleles and recording the breeding dams alleles and taking those to the F1\F2\ and F3 generations (grand and great grand parents) to confirm probability.......awesome its good to see technology being put to use.....I plan to use this in my breeding stratergy.

creek_bottom
09-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Let me know when you do Mr. Macho x Macha breeding I'll take a female hahaha very interesting read and a hats off to you for going the extra mike and doing the research.
Creek Bottom

meathead
10-17-2014, 12:25 PM
ok so I went onto your website and noticed that you have done that breading and was interested in if you DNA profiled the pups and how it came out.

bulldoghistorian
10-18-2014, 12:27 AM
interesting stuff

guess with the small yards we have in northern Europe, this could be helpful