PDA

View Full Version : Is flax seed oil and wheat germ oil sufficient for raw diet

nationalboy
10-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I`VE BEEN FEEDING RAW NOW FOR OVER AMONTH,STARTED OUT FEEDING JUST RAW CHICKEN THEN THANKS TO ALOT OF YOU GUYS I`VE BEEN LEARNING NEW THINGS TO BETTER ME AND MY DOGS HEALTH...NOW IM USING THE ORGANS LIGHT BOILD EGGS YOGURT ALL THE GOOD STUFF BUT IM MISSING THE FISH OIL .CAN ANY ONE ANSWER MY QUESTION ON THE THE IMPORTANCE OFF FISH OIL...THANKS IN ADVANCE....

scratchin dog
10-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Fish oil provides only omega 3, whereas chicken fat only provides omega 6. Dogs need both for certain bodily functions. They are both part of a well rounded raw diet.

nationalboy
10-03-2012, 01:53 PM
thanks scratchig dog.... the flax oil does have omega 3 also is the fish oil omega 3 a different type considered im to feed both...:question:

scratchin dog
10-03-2012, 03:49 PM
thanks scratchig dog.... the flax oil does have omega 3 also is the fish oil omega 3 a different type considered im to feed both...:question:

It is harder for a dog to break down the ALA contained in flax oil to usable form. Therefore fish oil is superior to flax oil.
Oils are also the dogs main source of energy when eating a raw diet. I rotate between salmon oil, wheat germ oil and occasionally cod liver oil.