PDA

View Full Version : Repeat Breedings??

TopShelfKennels
10-31-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm doing a repeat breeding as soon as my bitch comes in heat. My question is, have any of you repeated a breeding and received equal or better results from the second breeding??

ResidentKennel
10-31-2012, 07:59 PM
Yes, I repeated a breeding and the results were the same.

Officially Retired
11-01-2012, 03:24 AM
I'm doing a repeat breeding as soon as my bitch comes in heat. My question is, have any of you repeated a breeding and received equal or better results from the second breeding??

Yes, plenty of times.

Your odds of getting "equal or better" are directly related to the quality/prepotency/genetic uniformity of the breeding you're doing ...

Jack

TopShelfKennels
11-12-2012, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the feed back guys. Got a couple sticks over the last couple days, let's see if I get just as many good ones as I did the first time.

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_breedingprofile.php?breeding_id=207

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/purepit19/B0A7FB23-AFA9-4495-A0AC-059D8C4B6A8F-533-0000009943410412.jpg

EWO
11-13-2012, 05:32 AM
It can vary. One of the things that cause variance in a repeat breeding is where they end up, which is seldom factored in. A buddy of mine did a heavy redboy breeding with a shot of eli as an out and the first litter were all keepers. Out of five four went on to show. The fifth (and arguably the best) never met a barrel, or rock or root or stick he did not enjoy). All five went to places where the dogs were looked after, waited upon and then given every chance a young dog should get and they made it to the show. These four went 9-1. The breeding was repeated but three of the next five ended up in the hands of the unknowing. The other two one made it and the other was a barrel chewing game plug. The other three never made it out of their adolescent time due to ignorance. So to find out whether a repeat breeding was successful the repeat breeding variances must be vary similar to the first one if the first breeding is deemed successful. EWO

TopShelfKennels
11-13-2012, 07:37 AM
It can vary. One of the things that cause variance in a repeat breeding is where they end up, which is seldom factored in. A buddy of mine did a heavy redboy breeding with a shot of eli as an out and the first litter were all keepers. Out of five four went on to show. The fifth (and arguably the best) never met a barrel, or rock or root or stick he did not enjoy). All five went to places where the dogs were looked after, waited upon and then given every chance a young dog should get and they made it to the show. These four went 9-1. The breeding was repeated but three of the next five ended up in the hands of the unknowing. The other two one made it and the other was a barrel chewing game plug. The other three never made it out of their adolescent time due to ignorance. So to find out whether a repeat breeding was successful the repeat breeding variances must be vary similar to the first one if the first breeding is deemed successful. EWO

That is the exact reason why i am repeating it. The first litter of 7, 2 winners, 2 very talented curs, 1 stolen, and 2 went to pet homes. Only 1 was raised by me, out of the 5 looked at all were talented enough to compete but only 2 out of 7 went to responsible working homes. Now that i have the time and space, id like to see what i get the second time around. I got to see them work and all had a common style and that is what i hoped for, so im hoping to get better results from the pups i keep.

EWO
11-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Best of luck. EWO