PDA

View Full Version : LOOK HERE!!!

pig mad
11-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Now i got your attention hahaha,
Just wondering on peoples thoughts on throwing muzzles on your mutts and let em have a wrestle even if you used a loose fitting 1 so they can pinch a bit of skin??

skipper
11-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Why would you do that?

pig mad
11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Fitness i thought

skipper
11-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Plenty of better ways to train a dog. But if you need that kind of training, I would suggest you get your dog a playmate. I know lots of dogs can't play with other dogs. But I have found out that proper socialization early in life can make at least most of mine play with dogs of the opposite sex.

R2L
11-05-2012, 01:24 AM
they are not going to "play" with muzzles.

Officially Retired
11-05-2012, 02:47 AM
Plenty of better ways to train a dog. But if you need that kind of training, I would suggest you get your dog a playmate. I know lots of dogs can't play with other dogs. But I have found out that proper socialization early in life can make at least most of mine play with dogs of the opposite sex.

Exactly what I do ...

Champ
11-05-2012, 03:09 AM
muzzle rolling is a great tool to use in a keep. However don't do it too often, or for long period of time. They will run hot faster with a muzzle on.

skipper
11-05-2012, 03:24 AM
You need to realize a dog needs to enjoy what he is doing for you to be able to put one in great shape. "muzzle rolling" or whatever you call it, is way to stressful and the risk of injuries is much higher than a playful kind of exercise. Dogs aren't machines. JMHO

CRISIS
11-05-2012, 08:36 AM
???wtf???

pig mad
11-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Mine will hunt pigs together all day but if sitting about the yard they will hunt each other hahaha. Was just wondering if anyone ever tried it i only got to drive 10min to find a pig for em to burn off a bit of steam and good muzzles cost to much so wont be doing it..

CRISIS
11-05-2012, 10:47 AM
spend the money, get you a mill....

CRISIS
11-05-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXkxcJG_Kig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehNJ-SzqG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDwKMREees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgOldHXnW3A

lots of ways to tire out your hounds!

pig mad
11-05-2012, 11:14 AM
got a spring pole and they chase the car through the bush they not into flirt pole though and got an emill coming and building my own slat mill i got it under control no crisis here hahaha just a thought about the muzzle rolling mate got no one living close sux to be patching 2 dogs...

Champ
11-07-2012, 04:16 AM
I have 2 slat mills, 1 carpet mill, a jenny mill, and a spring pole in each of my dogs chain spots. I spend time conditioning my dogs almost every single day. Muzzle rolling isn't something that is done only to tire out your hounds. Its great for agility, wrestling ability, and conditioning. Every dog I've seen using this conditioning tool has enjoyed it. If muzzle rolling your dog is too stressful on him, please do not breed him!!!!

evolutionkennels
11-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Exactly what I do ...

I do exact same thing. Littermates only though, always supervised. Just me and the dogs, having a stranger around changes dynamics and is disastrous.

HappyBox
11-07-2012, 09:02 AM
This is very interesting to me as I'm forever a student of dog behavior. I visited a friends yard who has a handful of dogs most of which "grew up together" so to speak granted they never played with one another but I noticed a few of his kennels butted up to one another and I asked if he ever had any problems with any of them trying to get at each other thru the fence and he said no it was almost like they had a "pack mentality" but bring a new dog to the yard and its a whole different story. He also had it set up so it was a female next to a male and etc... this was the first real yard visited and I was surprised by this but am learning it is common.

evolutionkennels
11-07-2012, 04:06 PM
This is very interesting to me as I'm forever a student of dog behavior. I visited a friends yard who has a handful of dogs most of which "grew up together" so to speak granted they never played with one another but I noticed a few of his kennels butted up to one another and I asked if he ever had any problems with any of them trying to get at each other thru the fence and he said no it was almost like they had a "pack mentality" but bring a new dog to the yard and its a whole different story. He also had it set up so it was a female next to a male and etc... this was the first real yard visited and I was surprised by this but am learning it is common.

Again, that's what I do, male next to female next to male next to female, littermates preferably.

CRISIS
11-07-2012, 09:35 PM
i dont have any females right now but thats how i would do it too, i wouldnt want my hounds breakin teeth on that cyclone fence!

CRISIS
11-07-2012, 09:36 PM
hey evo, how did you get that background on your avatar? thats pretty bad ass!

pig mad
11-07-2012, 10:48 PM
I have mine male female in the pens i had to get rid of the cyclone mesh they chew through it i have sheets of iron on the deviding walls and 1" mesh on front so they cant grab each other through it. They still love trying though