PDA

View Full Version : Gr Ch Yellow

Tru Blood
11-23-2012, 02:49 AM
Does anyone have the account of Gr Ch Yellow's matches? I'm talking about in detail; who he went into and how EACH match went? Thank you...

skipper
11-23-2012, 02:59 AM
In the late 70's early 80's Mr Fletcher Chavis bred some dogs that any fancier would be proud to own. Much of his original stock came from that old dog CH Yellow John ROM and for years Mr Chavis campaigned with those inbred redboy dogs that he got from RT Bass. He was considered one of the best.In the mid 70's an outstanding discovery was made. Vernon Jackson had a dog that he purchased from Don Mayfield that he called Hank. He was inbred Mayfield Lightning II blood. Hank didn't start till he was 3 years old, but when he did; he not only turned out to be a phenomenal performer but an exceptional producer as well.He was bred to a bitch of B. Rasts called Queenie and from that litter came Ch.Jocko, Ch.Argo, Pearl(Apple) and a few other good ones. Mr Chavis ended up with Jocko and that was the beginning of the famous Redboy/Jocko line. Mr. Chavis campaigned with Jocko and he looked to be unbeatable due to the inherited trait of Hanks back end style. Jocko became a CH and was retired for stud. He was bred to his sister Apple(Pearl) to get two good producing bitches named Green's Sandy and Green's Coffee. These two bitches were bred into a winning hard mouthed triple bred Bass' Tramp Redboy dog named Ch.Yellowjohn(ROM) . Out of Coffee's litter came Super Gnats boots who won one in 4:52. Out of Sandy's litter came GR.CH.John Boy,S.T.P.'s CH.Toro,S.T.P.'s Ch.Tyson,Chavis Cleopatra,Chavis Deadly, and Greens Hitman. Chavis Also had a bitch named Ch.Lady Sassy Mead(4X)(half Redboy and half Lonzos breeding.) She was also bred to Ch.Jocko . Out of that litter came Chavis Dangerous Dan, Thor, Margarett and Lady Rose. Dangerous Dan was bred to a bitch named Steen's Delilah (who was out of the above Margaret when she was bred to a 2Xwinner named Bucky(JockoX Redboy-bitch) to get Carolina Kennel's Ch.Termite(ROM). Ch.Termite when bred to a Medlin's Outlaw bitch made Gr.Ch. Sirus. Chavis Lady Rose was bred back to Jocko to get Chavis Flipper, Chavis Susie,and a 2Xwinning bitch named Miss Jocko. Susie was bred straight to Bass Tramp Red Boy to get Chavis Red Lady. Red Lady was bred back to Flipper to get Chavis Ch.ROHO. Miss Jocko was also bred to CH.YellowJohn . Out of that breeding came S.T.P.'s CH.Sassy, Gainys GR.CH.Jr, and Tants GR CH Yellow ROM. There have been so many breedings done with Redboy-Jocko that it gets a bit confusing. I think that the most INFLUENTIAL dog of all the redboy-jocko dogs has to be Gr.Ch.Yellow because of all the champions he produced with bitches of ALL other bloodlines and his own. Gr.Ch.Yellow also produced bitches that produced as well as he did. Special mention....Gr.Ch.Yellow was bred to his littermate sister Ch.Sassy to produce Tant's AAA who is producing males and females of the utmost performance quality.

After Gr.Ch.Yellow won his first match ,Carl Crews took an interest in him, when he talked to his partner about he said "I don't like the dog he scratches to slow "But after Carl put a bug in his ear for awile Tant gave in and EACH MAN GAVE $400.00 A PIECE!!!! So Gr.Ch.Yellow was bought for $800.00 dollars Yellow stayed in Tant's yard most of the time because Carl carried a little more attention than Tant.Yellow won his first at 14 months old which would make his D.O.B. approximately Sept. of '83. He became a Ch. at the age of two and a Gr.Ch. at three. Yellow was placed on the ROM list in '93 with 5 ROM points.The following came from the SDJ Book of Champions, vol.2."A six time winner, many dog men thought Yellow would be easy to whip, since he only puts out enough energy to win. Whatever the other dog had to put out, Yellow just stayed out in front. He's won in the short time of 30 minutes and the marathon time of two hours and 37 minutes. Always just enough to win."

Gr.Ch.Yellow RECORD

11/84.......................

Sineth's Tojo.................................

MALE 51...................

:54..

05/85

Kitten's Roscoe

MALE 52

:50

09/85

Pact's Kung Fu

MALE 52

:30

01/86

Pact's Bo

MALE 52

2:37

05/86

Groves Rufus Jr.

MALE 52

:53

09/86

Pact's Pop

MALE 50

1:15

skipper
11-23-2012, 03:01 AM
Found this one on the net. I can't stand behind it and don't know if the info is accurate.

Tru Blood
11-23-2012, 04:02 AM
Thanks I have this story. Who is Pact? It looks like they had a grudge match going on. Also does anyone know the Peds of the dogs? A partner of mines told me that Gr ch Yellow beat a replacement dog(a dog off the chain) for one of his shows.

waccamaw
11-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Look at it this way ,he must have been doing a little more than just enough to,get it done in .30 min.

skipper
11-23-2012, 09:00 AM
It takes one special dog to be able to go through 6 keeps and coming out on top in 6 shows like that. On top of that he really made an impact producing great dogs and great producers, that still today are winning all around the globe.

Tru Blood
11-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Where is an old timer when you need one lol...or a historian?

Tru Blood
12-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Nobody?

waccamaw
12-04-2012, 02:42 PM
I can tell you we bred straight to yellow in person,a. Little of an hour ride .and some things are just better not talked about.

Tru Blood
12-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Huh? That went over my head. It's been so long...that's crazy. It is what it is!

evolutionkennels
12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
I wrote that

FrostyPaws
12-07-2012, 08:46 PM
The account of Yellow is true. He did just enough to win. If you win in 30 minutes, most of the time you're beating just a dog that really has no business being in the box to begin with. Any dog that wins a legitimate 6 matches is something special. When you consider most dogs don't win 1 match, let alone 6, it puts things in a certain perspective. His sire, Yellow John, was the same way. So you at least know he got it honest.

waccamaw
12-08-2012, 03:38 AM
Did you see yellow go ,or talking from hear say?you ever thought he might have had the other broke down at 30

FrostyPaws
12-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Waccamaw, even if he did have the other broke down at 30, it still only goes to show the dog had no business being in there. Yellow didn't have a terrible mouth to where he was literally breaking dogs down in 30 minutes. It's not some reflection on Yellow that he beat a dog in 30 minutes. He beat what was in front of him. It's happened to dogs for hundreds of years, and it will continue to do so.

waccamaw
12-08-2012, 08:18 PM
What I asked did y'all see him go to be able to sa6 he had no mouth?

waccamaw
12-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Not trying to hurt any feelings or start anything ,but i is I hard to c
Moment on a dog you never actually seen,

FrostyPaws
12-08-2012, 09:41 PM
LOL Slow your roll Wacc.. No one is talking trash about Yellow. It is what it is. There's no need to try and blow something out of proportion.

waccamaw
12-09-2012, 04:31 AM
What you mean slow your roll ? I could care less if you trash talk yellow ,all y'all talk as if you seen him hunt ,such as saying crews let tant keep yellow because crews carried more wght and drawled more attention ,that was bull crews ran a grocery store and just hung off tants shirt tail .give me this answer did you see yellow at any hunts.?if not you are just talking bro.i will say this jr did have more mouth that yellow .but that whole litter could bite ,and this is coming from what I know not heard .

FrostyPaws
12-09-2012, 10:37 AM
I saw Yellow go about as much as you did which means never, so get off all that "did I see Yellow go" nonsense.

Slow your roll means stop getting butt hurt over an opinion that differs from your own. Mouth is relative to the people that is discussing the subject. I've talked to 6+ individuals that saw Yellow go, and none of those include Tant or Crews, and not one of those people ever said that Yellow had any serious mouth. The words hard mouth and Gr.Ch.Yellow were never in the same sentence. Maybe they have a different opinion of mouth than you do, I don't know.

Last, but certainly not least, there isn't a person on this thread that has talked any shit about Yellow. If you love Yellow dogs to death, great! If your yard is based around yellow, that's fabulous!! But you're not the only person on this board with any experience with the blood or know folks personally that saw Yellow, his sire, and littermates go. You're not the only person on this board that has seen a lot of Yellow dogs or different Redboy/Jocko dogs perform. We all have differing opinions on what we've seen personally over the years, and because your yard is based around Yellow doesn't give your opinion anymore weight than anyone else's opinion.

evolutionkennels
12-09-2012, 12:10 PM
No use arguing opinion, wacc, your being defensive. I LOVE YELLOW DOGS. EVERY ONE OF MY DOGS IS 50% YELLOW, AND YES, I'VE SEEN SOME THAT CAN BITE THRU A BOWLING BALL, AND SOME EAR SUCKERS AS WELL.. LIKE ALL BLOODLINES.. INCLUDING MY OWN, the piece was collected from old book, I added the pedigree piece, this is a positive site, information, inspirational, No bantering back and forth here.