PDA

View Full Version : rolling pups

pig mad
11-26-2012, 12:31 PM
What age is to young or when would you start em say 8 months as example???

TopShelfKennels
11-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Under 15 months will not get touched on my yard, and I rarely ever start them that young regardless of how the dog acts.

Barnstormer Bulldogs
11-26-2012, 03:10 PM
17 month is where my camp starts

pig mad
11-26-2012, 05:41 PM
so what do you do with em till then?? just leave em out on a chain? I thought id run mine on pigs for 2 years till they grow but they all missing teeth now and my prospect drowned last week on a pig in a dam. left me to wonder i got 3 young males from 8 months to 1 year what do i do with em feed em and pick up shit for 12 months?? I know the answer just frustrated...

act284
11-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm not telling anyone what to do but my suggestion is to wait...patience is the most overlooked thing is this game...you may get some that can and will go early...some might win, but those are significantly less than people want to believe...seen too many people ruin dogs early because of their eagerness

Barnstormer Bulldogs
11-26-2012, 08:15 PM
well my camp we don't do any thing with them beside taking them on a occasionally walk, feed, and pick up shit. but at about a year we start showing them the tools of the trade. and let them see older dog work the tools

FarmersChoice
11-27-2012, 01:37 PM
it all depends id say wait until 2 2 and half years but sometimes i will give a yearling a quick bump nothing long just to see if they will take hold or come right out the gate but best to wait until 2 years or at-least 17 months or so to really get anything serious as a dog to be redeemed match quality really has to have alot here as im never coming to the big show without a almost sure thing infact when i take a first look if there not naturals of the jump i dont want them either so best to wait as then u leave out most ?s of the dogs worth every1 one will say something different too as there wont ever be a right or wrongs here just maybe more on this dog won at this age or this dog seen that much time at this age or what ever have u be.

pig mad
11-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Say you had a angry little pup by time he has reached 8 months old he has already caused accidents with most in your yard and is smashing 300 pound boars easily by himself has plenty of drive and killer instinct and he had 2 x 5 minute accidents in a week but hasnt made a turn or even wanted to stop to the point of trying to dig through concrete to get another lap would yo say he is damaged or should i thank the gods for not letting me ruin him and wrap him in cotton wool till he grows up?

Barnstormer Bulldogs
11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
here a old saying. hot water cools fast but hot water that is slowly brought to a boil is deadly. so take him as he is a pup. there is not many dogs that my ch or gr ch at an early age. so my feeling is why rush.

FarmersChoice
11-27-2012, 04:24 PM
just cause u have had some yard accidentals dont mean squat yer dog is 8 months old there is a difference in fight crazed and being mature for example i just had a litter and every dog out that litter would probably hit something by around 7 to 8 mo but that dont mean they are ready for anything serious sounds like u need alot schooling on dogs period man im just saying sounds like u just got into then dogs two weeks ago be patient bro in these dogs some the best didnt turn on untill after 2 years takea freaking chill pill

Officially Retired
11-27-2012, 05:11 PM
It simply depends on the dog.

I have bumped dogs as young as 9-11 months ... but I will never roll one out long until it is mature (2-3 years).

To me, a short bump won't hurt a young dog, if he's ready, but I would not be judging him at that point (or stretching him out). I would just be giving quick sparring sessions, to acclimate him to his job, same as you would letting a young kid spar in boxing.

In other words, I would let my 8 year old son spar a couple of short rounds with other kids ... but I would not let him go 15 rounds with a full-grown man the size of a jockey :idea:

Jack

pig mad
11-27-2012, 05:49 PM
farmers choice just look at my name pig mad im a pig hunter with some good blood running round the yard as a pig dog if they not catching good boars by 12 months i shoot the cunts match dogs is a whole nother ball game look past the wording mate could it be im just trying not to incriminate my self and accident with a stop watch but then i start feeling guilty like maybe i done something wrong especially since other cunt was pretty smooth maybe i need to pull the handbrake up a bit and slow down its amazing how loss of my main bitch changed my perspective i am just asking for points of veiw on how people start theirs cause i think i got a good 1 but dont want to ruin him.

pig mad
11-27-2012, 05:51 PM
jack that was my way of thinking but how long is a short round?

pig mad
11-27-2012, 05:57 PM
i gave him about 5 min each time but both hit same leg on him thats what made me wonder if i should be doing it if they bust out in a accident i step back and watch em for 5 or till start looking uncomforable but the 5 tends to come up first. he took on a full grown bitch few months ago cause i had pig leg in my hand i dont make him do anything i may knowingly put him in a spot to how he reacts or what not he gos hard the little fella digging in the chest and shakes em off their feet but leaves his legs out to get damaged..

AmberLamps
11-28-2012, 03:10 AM

Since we're talking about young dogs, then as long as your dogs enjoying the contact, forget time, if your dogs enjoying himself then leave him down, if not pick him up... It's that simple.

Edit to add: I wouldn't be looking at an 8 month old pup though mate, no matter how hot he was.

pig mad
11-28-2012, 10:02 AM
yeah cheers maybe this should have been called bumping pups either way he has been put on the back burner for year or more

EWO
11-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Along the same lines facing young dogs can help them along as well. Even if he does not really know why he is acting this way he will start to get comfortable being all jacked up. Then when that short bump comes along the pill will not be as large for him to swallow. Just like with anything one would have to crawl, then walk and then run. Bumping two with other young ones watching helps also, although the noise can be deafening. With all that said, patience becomes the most valuable tool in the shed. There have been thousands of these dogs that got there first shot because they pulled the chain tight at 6-8-10-12 months old and just as many ruined because they "acted" like a grown dog. These dogs are as much about common sense as they are anything else. The easiest thing to mess up in these dogs is getting too excited about a young dog and allowing that excitement to cloud good judgement. EWO

OGDOGG
11-28-2012, 01:50 PM
K. ALLEN'S DBL GR. Tornado

Her first match was into STP's Miss Piggy. STP was quoted saying, by a close source, that if he could get the bet covered, he would mortgage his house that Ken's 13 month old pup could not possibly beat Miss Piggy. Luckily for this proud fellow, the bet was not called as Miss Piggy was victim number
She won her first at 13 months, and her last at the age of seven years old. Tornado's total fight time was 10 hours, 20 mins. She killed three of the dogs without getting one puncture in her skin. Her 8th and 9th matches were only 3 weeks apart from each other.

D.dob
11-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Bad ass bitch shittttt.

AGK
11-28-2012, 05:03 PM
:)

Officially Retired
12-01-2012, 05:40 AM

IMO, it should be for 5-10 min. Any longer than that is superfluous really.

It's like human boxing: boxers don't spar for 12-15 rounds (36-45 min) every time they train. They usually only spar for 3-6 rounds (9-18 min). A dog gets plenty of schooling in that short amount of time, without putting undue fatigue or risking too great an injury.

If you have any kind of an eye at all for a dog, you can just feel if they're into it or not. A dog that has an intense, happy look on his face ... and is busy trying to do his job ... is just getting some work in to hone his skills, which is all he should be doing as a young, developing athlete.

No reason whatsoever to make it a long, drawn-out affair ... the indepth reasons for which I have stated pretty clearly in my book.

The only reason a human fighter "goes the distance" is when the money is on the line ... and so too should it be for the dogs :idea:

Jack

evolutionkennels
12-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Gr.Ch.Machobuck X Ch.Reba Girl 8 weeks old today (http://www.machobuck.com/Machobuck%20X%20Reba%20Girl.htm)

http://youtu.be/itZGv_N_0Qg
Gr.Ch.Machobuck X Ch.Reba Girl 8 weeks old today (http://www.machobuck.com/Machobuck%20X%20Reba%20Girl.htm)

pig mad
12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
little goers mate

classic pitbull
12-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Hell yeah! They happy at what they do.

pig mad
12-01-2012, 09:48 PM
http://youtu.be/G0pbPLx8IOU

pig mad
12-01-2012, 09:53 PM
mines 7 weeks old we should hook em up hahaha

evolutionkennels
12-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Lmao. Meet me halfway... hahaha... I like your pup .

Nextlevel
12-02-2012, 06:47 AM
I used to hear the old timers from the Midwest say early start early quit and I personally believe I ruined 1 by letting him turn me on. Now that I have finally gotten some top of the line RBJ I will be (patient) like jack said school them to different styles but I'm definitely gonna take my time

pig mad
12-02-2012, 08:59 AM
yeah she is good agile little pup scatter bred though

BlackHeartWarrior
06-19-2013, 09:16 AM
i have to agree with Jack. i bumped them usually around 15 years old but i have a firecracker of a boy who i would love to see him go boxing around 5/10 minutes. his only 10 years old thou. small amounts i believe are fine

Wise
06-19-2013, 09:03 PM
It depends on what type of expectations your going to put on that Youngblood. I wouldn't be game checking that young, or two dogging, or stretching it out, just a sample if they seem thirsty.

n.d.k
06-20-2013, 09:55 AM
At least 16 months , some act good early but can't handle serious hardware as young pups