PDA

View Full Version : bloody tail tips

R2L
11-30-2012, 03:20 AM
What do you do with them?

I have to keep one in the house and he cant stop whistling his tail.
Spend an hour washing all the blood of the walls yesterday.
Iv tried taping it but it keeps falling off.

OGDOGG
11-30-2012, 03:53 AM
He is dehydrated. Give more water with his feed then later on give more water along with some rice for his second feed. Repeat everyday until his tail stop bleeding. Forget about taping and all that other stuff. It'll heal as soon as his skin is tough enough for the cold weather.

R2L
11-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Cold weather? He is inside. (not because of his tail)
It cant heal because he keeps whistling/banging his tail to everything and it opens up again.

pig mad
11-30-2012, 10:00 AM
happy tail i like to call it best way to fix it is cut it off or boot him in the gut so he not so happy to see you

OGDOGG
11-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Where was the dog before he had to be inside? If he was always inside the whole time is this the first time it started bleeding? Dogs will not drink enough while it is cold and they lose more hydration with their breath.The dryness affects the capillaries in the tail tip and promotes chapping, making it prone to busting and bleeding. Try boiling down a broiler chicken and saving the broth. Give some broth in the feed each day to encourage fluid intake, if he doesn't want to drink water. Try to Super Glue it. It can help the tail tip, but as long as it is chapped and they have something to wag it against, it will bust.

R2L
11-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks, Im giving him around 1,5 liter water a day, that should be fine i think but ill start adding some extra water to the dogs food outside.
Ill try some superglue. Just bought some good plasters, they seem to work better then tape.

lmao pig mad.. man he would still be happy, he's to stupid.

Ill place him back outside in a few weeks ;)

pig mad
11-30-2012, 10:42 AM
my big pig dog gets it from tapping the kennel wall usualy when theres a bitch on heat and his brain stops working i just spray it with cetrigan spray its an antiseptic/insect repelant probably not the answer you want cause you will end up with pink patchs on the wall to but dont think there is an answer to it if there is let me know when you find it

tasoschatz
12-01-2012, 01:31 AM
http://www.medicanimal.com/product/~product_id=4486
My favorite for such problems. I found it from a friend into horses and if it is good enough for boys with big and expensive toys, it is also for me. Another friend once treated a cat whose leg was without any skin due to an accident and at the end it healed completely, meaning a crust and no bleeding.