PDA

View Full Version : Hip dysplasia

Millerman
12-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Does anyone have any information on hip dysplasia?

We had acquired a female about two years ago to make a couple of breeding's from a friend and the two litters that she has had for us only produced one male and both of them have had problems with there back ends.

Its like someone that has been in a bad car wreck and will never walk again without a walker or assistant. The weird thing about it is that its only the males never femals.

OGDOGG
01-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Does anyone have any information on hip dysplasia?

We had acquired a female about two years ago to make a couple of breeding's from a friend and the two litters that she has had for us only produced one male and both of them have had problems with there back ends.

Its like someone that has been in a bad car wreck and will never walk again without a walker or assistant. The weird thing about it is that its only the males never femals.

I bred a male with hip problems to a female without any problems and all three(2 females/1 male) had no problem whatsoever. I also bred one of the female and her litter are like her(athletes) I always thought a female with hip dysphasia couldn't push out pups? Now that you've seen the results with your female, I wouldn't breed her again.

FrostyPaws
01-18-2013, 03:44 PM
What I'd like to know is this. Does your female, in fact, have hip dysplasia? Or does she just have a funky backend? I've had males and females with bad backends before, but none of them ever had hip dysplasia.