PDA

View Full Version : dessicated liver study

skootermc
12-20-2012, 05:16 AM
http://user.xmission.com/~total/temple/Soapbox/Articles/desbflvr.html

tasoschatz
12-20-2012, 07:14 AM
If someone feels that liver is good in a diet then the fresh form should be preffered, the way nature intented. The studies of this link contain some truth but no evidence at all that the dessicated form should be better. Actually liver is good as a meat source within a variety of meats, unless there are specific medical reasons, so not optimal health subjects. I did this conversation a year plus ago in game dog with a stubborn head guy there named saiyagin. If anyone is interested the subject title is " Dessicated Liver". Don't want to add anything more here without someone asking specific questions.

EWO
12-28-2012, 07:07 AM
In the Velvet and Steel book it refers to a study with mice and swimming in a bucket. The dessicated liver mice swam much much longer. When the East German women and the Soviet bloc ladies looked like middle linebackers in the Olympics in the 60's dessicated liver was a key part of their plan, this even prior to the blatant steroid use. I have always found it funny that just because things get better or more advanced the old way no longer works...at all. I doubt we as people, or the dogs themselves, or the mice for that matter, have evolved in fifty years where the dessicated liver no longer works.

Barnstormer Bulldogs
12-28-2012, 07:14 AM
I've used desiccated liver before. I like to use it for prekeeps and for preg females. but I do think there is better ways for u to give now.

FrostyPaws
12-28-2012, 10:46 AM
I have to agree with DGK's sentiment. It's not that the old ways don't work any longer. Instead, it comes down to having things that work better and more efficient than the old works. That is the deal with progress. I've never used dessicated liver, but I've read more than one actual study that touts the benefits of using it. I don't really use liver in any specific keep either very often due to the richness of the meat itself. I don't think there's any doubt of the benefits of feeding liver or dessicated liver.

The only thing I would maybe be picky with in regards to what Taso said. It's not always about what nature intended as to whether something works better or not. The form that should be preferred is the form that gives you and the animal the best results.