PDA

View Full Version : EAR INFECTION

HOMEWORK215
12-29-2011, 06:08 PM
MY MALE HAS AN EAR INFECTION WHAT CAN I USE TO TREAT IT ?

heritage
12-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Quick Answer cephalaxin internally and tea tree oil externally (more of a quick guess :)

HOMEWORK215
12-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Quick Answer cephalaxin internally and tea tree oil externally (more of a quick guess :)WHERE can i get cephalexin from can i order it

heritage
12-30-2011, 04:52 AM
.. http://www.thomaslabs.com/thomaslabs/ca ... otics.aspx (http://www.thomaslabs.com/thomaslabs/category/64-fish-antibiotics.aspx)

That is a list of few antibiotics u can order , and cephalaxin is about halfway down the list. U can get it in 250 mg or 500 mg. You can order it online or give them a call.

HOMEWORK215
12-30-2011, 04:34 PM
thank u very much and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS MAY THE NEW YEAR GRANT YOUR MUCH SUSSESS

Officially Retired
12-31-2011, 04:07 AM
Do not start dispensing antibiotics unless you know what you're doing.

The advice to give cephalexin for ear infections is bad, seeing as lot of of the primary pathogens that affect ears will not be affected by cephalexin (e.g., Pseudomonas aeruginosa).

A diluted solution of tea tree oil is good advice, and if you're going to do an irrigation, then treatment with 1-2% acetic acid preparations, and/or colistin/neomycin drops are also effective.

Just make sure the problem you have isn't MITES ...

Jack

heritage
12-31-2011, 12:55 PM
My bad ... I should have taken the time to do a little homework before recommending cephalaxin

heritage
01-02-2012, 04:20 AM
I just read an article about Zymox Plus, which uses several enzymes to fight psuedomonas ear infections by interfering with the ability of the organism to produce a biofilm. A biofilm is kind of a protective layer for the organism which protects and allows it to thrive. They call this enzyme combination a" biofilm reducing complex" and have a patent on the formula of lactoperoxidase , lactoferrin and lysosyme.

HOMEWORK215
01-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Do not start dispensing antibiotics unless you know what you're doing.

The advice to give cephalexin for ear infections is bad, seeing as lot of of the primary pathogens that affect ears will not be affected by cephalexin (e.g., Pseudomonas aeruginosa).t

A diluted solution of tea tree oil is good advice, and if you're going to do an irrigation, then treatment with 1-2% acetic acid preparations, and/or colistin/neomycin drops are also effective.

Just make sure the problem you have isn't MITES ...

Jack

.THANKS JACK I didn't use the cephalexin but he has a black discharge coming out of his ear

Officially Retired
01-06-2012, 06:48 PM
THANKS JACK I didn't use the cephalexin but he has a black discharge coming out of his ear

"Best Practice" would be to get a cytology done on the ear discharge at a vet, determine the exact bacteria/fungi/whatever that is causing the infection, and then specifically select the right antibiotic/drug for the job.

HOMEWORK215
01-07-2012, 01:45 PM
THANKS JACK I didn't use the cephalexin but he has a black discharge coming out of his ear

"Best Practice" would be to get a cytology done on the ear discharge at a vet, determine the exact bacteria/fungi/whatever that is causing the infection, and then specifically select the right antibiotic/drug for the job.THANKS jack that was my final choose being as i can't afford to loose my BIG HOMIE HAD HIM SINCE HE WAS A PUP . And once again thanks for this since it's very far cry from the other board wish this was set up before i joined could have saved my $30. but hay better late then never