PDA

View Full Version : Teeth

Jon P. Lebron
12-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Even tho I've never fed my dogs raw, I never bought in to the kibble is good for your dogs teeth, it's all hogwash. Just wondering if feeding raw helps with the dogs teeth?

Jon

OGDOGG
01-24-2013, 08:40 AM
I believe it does help. It's organic therefore it's the best for their health overall. I used to feed commercial dog food. And one problem I had was a few of my dogs would lose their tooth when I schooled them. I also noticed that giving them knuckle bones will easily crack their teeth. So I stop with the knuckle bones and stop feeding kibbles. Ever since then I haven't had a dog who lost a tooth yet, no matter how young I bumped them.

skipper
01-24-2013, 09:29 AM
I have pretty much the same opinion as ogdogg. Compared to when i fed kibble my dogs of today have much better mouth health, as in every other health aspect. Teeth seem to last longer, don't loose as many. I can honestly say that the dogs i have that are brought up on only raw are the overall healthiest dogs ive had. In my opinion this is how much they benefit from a proper raw diet.

brokeback
03-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Yes, RAW definitely helps with cleaner teeth. For example, I acquired a 13 month old dog about 11 days ago and her teeth looked like she has been fed big piles of shit since birth. 11 days later after eating RAW from the night she arrived her teeth look incredible. I wish I would have took before pics but I had no clue RAW would make this big of difference this quick. Chewing the meat and bones work wonders on dogs teeth. I thought this dogs teeth were stained unless I got them cleaned at the vet, which I was not going to do. Can't say how much I'm glad I made the switch to RAW feeding, only regret is not switching sooner!!

Officially Retired
03-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Yes, RAW definitely helps with cleaner teeth. For example, I acquired a 13 month old dog about 11 days ago and her teeth looked like she has been fed big piles of shit since birth. 11 days later after eating RAW from the night she arrived her teeth look incredible. I wish I would have took before pics but I had no clue RAW would make this big of difference this quick. Chewing the meat and bones work wonders on dogs teeth. I thought this dogs teeth were stained unless I got them cleaned at the vet, which I was not going to do. Can't say how much I'm glad I made the switch to RAW feeding, only regret is not switching sooner!!

:pirate:

drz
03-16-2014, 04:32 AM
Most kibbles are 50% carbs...when eaten and crunched get stuck in the back teeth and stay there and harden, which in time causes the build-up and tartar. One of the downside to a pre-made raw like Natures Variety raw patties is the fact the dog doesnt have to chew and get the dental benefits compared to chewing and eating a chicken quarter.

Pit Bull Committed
03-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Raw, is the way to go! I feed my dogs raw and their teeth are super white and shiny as if they have a clear protective coat over their teeth.