PDA

View Full Version : Switching to raw feed

Pk923
12-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Hello all, my name is Pong from Thailand. I have just seen Jack's video on feeding raw and was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on switching from kibble to raw food. Initially I try giving my 11 months pup small pieces of raw chicken gizzard but he would not eat it. Should I gradually mix the raw diet into the kibble for couple of weeks? Would the pup have trouble digesting kibble and raw feed at the same time? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

P.s. this is the first time that this pup have ever try raw feed.

No Quarter Kennel
01-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Howdy Pong

You can wean it in that way, or you could do as I do. I had a new bitch to the yard about 1 month ago. She's 9 years old, never eaten RAW. I gave her the same feed I give all my dogs first day. She don't eat.
I giver her feed to the pups next morning.
Day 2 - she don't eat - I feed her feed to pups next morning
Day 3 - Bitch is hungry - she eats what I give, she's been loving it ever since.

Pk923
01-03-2013, 02:04 AM
Many thanks, the pup was starting to eat raw chicken wing but I have to brown it a little on the skin.

wrknapbt
01-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Howdy Pong

You can wean it in that way, or you could do as I do. I had a new bitch to the yard about 1 month ago. She's 9 years old, never eaten RAW. I gave her the same feed I give all my dogs first day. She don't eat.
I giver her feed to the pups next morning.
Day 2 - she don't eat - I feed her feed to pups next morning
Day 3 - Bitch is hungry - she eats what I give, she's been loving it ever since.

works everytime

Officially Retired
01-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Hello all, my name is Pong from Thailand. I have just seen Jack's video on feeding raw and was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on switching from kibble to raw food. Initially I try giving my 11 months pup small pieces of raw chicken gizzard but he would not eat it. Should I gradually mix the raw diet into the kibble for couple of weeks? Would the pup have trouble digesting kibble and raw feed at the same time? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.
P.s. this is the first time that this pup have ever try raw feed.

Hello Pong and Welcome :)

I have really never had any trouble getting my pups to eat raw, but one of the things I notice ALL dogs love is FAT and GREASE :idea:

Therefore, if you cook any beef, hamburger, bacon, or chicken ... always save the grease/fat ... and pour it over the pups' feed ... and I guarantee they well scarf it up :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Jack

Pk923
01-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Thank you Mr. Jack, your site is very informative.