PDA

View Full Version : Hollingsworth Bodine POR

No Quarter Kennel
01-02-2013, 06:17 PM
What about the dogs down from this stuff? This along with the May Day stuff?
I've always been interested in these dogs b/c of their rep and the obvious physical impressiveness.

I'm in a situation to import some of this stuff to my yard and wanted to hear the pros and cons and so forth. Anything would be helpful.

Thank you!

scratchin dog
01-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Just like with any other line, there are good and bad. Some dogs are producing great and some are being peddled but have not produced much. It really boils down to who you are getting your dogs from.

Officially Retired
01-03-2013, 02:44 AM
What about the dogs down from this stuff? This along with the May Day stuff?
I've always been interested in these dogs b/c of their rep and the obvious physical impressiveness.
I'm in a situation to import some of this stuff to my yard and wanted to hear the pros and cons and so forth. Anything would be helpful.
Thank you!

Bodine was a brother to my Truman and Trinx, so anything off Bodine is a cousin to Poncho and Missy ...

Jack

Officially Retired
01-04-2013, 02:29 AM
Bodine himself was a stupid-game dog. Truman was a stupid-game dog with an awesome build. Miss Trinx was smarter than both and, from what I understand, game as hell too. (I got her dying of cancer so never rolled her.)

These dogs, if bred correctly, will yield a higher percentage of gameness than just about any other strain of dogs you will find. They may not be twenty-minute killers, but it will take you two hours to kill them, and (as Hollingsworth used to say) "You may kill me, but I will kill you too." Win or lose, you're going to be there awhile if you run into a Hollingsworth dog.

I remember Powerhouse Kennels (who owned their other brother Lethal) saying, "He has decent ability, but it would take a Bengal tiger to kill him."

That is pretty much what they're known for: exceptional gameness and unbelievable rugged durability, which will bring out the cur in most of these fast track cur-bred dogs. In a typical match of a Hollingsworth dog into a "fastlane killer," after the killer CAN'T kill one of these dogs, it will quickly get discouraged being slammed in the corner past the hour mark, by a raw, physical animal ... that is screaming-game and will never stop trying.

Jack

No Quarter Kennel
01-04-2013, 07:39 AM
There's sure nothing wrong with that. Sounds like a great line of dogs to me.

Frank43
10-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Are these dogs all laid out in that Hollingsworth book?

apeman
10-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Are these dogs all laid out in that Hollingsworth book?

yes