PDA

View Full Version : Gr Ch Melonhead

Jon P. Lebron
02-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Would love to learn more about this great dog.

No Quarter Kennel
02-11-2013, 12:19 PM
There's a couple of real nice articles on the dog you can google to get details. He was well before my time, but from the same family of dogs I breed and feed today.

He was off of Hammonds' Snort (Pig) ROM. You can find his pedigree here on this database. Pig was off of Rufus who was an inbred son of Plumber's Ch. Alligator. Pig was at a fellow's place being worked and getting ready for show. He wasn't suppose to be bred, from my understanding, but none the less, he was bred.

No one knows for sure what the bottom side of Melon was. Amongst those closest to the situation, the general consensus was it was a Lilly Langtree bitch. She can be found in many of GH's Bruno-Heinzl dogs from the early days.

Melonhead finished out at 17-1. Officially, not a Gr. Ch., but not bad for a guy who was 13-0 before losing his first at 8 years of age, I believe. Not 100% sure. He was either 7 or 8.

A great great dog from a great family of dogs.

Jon P. Lebron
02-11-2013, 01:26 PM
I've bern searching for articles buy I can't find any except for what you posted. Do you have any info on his only lose or any of his matches.

R2L
02-11-2013, 01:45 PM
use the search function

R2L
02-11-2013, 01:50 PM
http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/showthread.php?351-Correct-weight/page3&highlight=Melonhead

No Quarter Kennel
02-11-2013, 04:24 PM
I thought something interesting was said in the article about Melon. It said, "this is definitely a producing family of dogs".
I know there are several lines of dogs out there with great great dogs. No question about it. The quality of dogs from one family to the next can be debated all day long. But I have posed this question before and I can't get anyone to respond really.

As far as a single family of dogs, or one breeder in particular, who would you say has the most ROM dogs? What family has produced more dogs that PRODUCE dogs than any other family?

GH started with Rufus, who produced Pig, who produced Park who produced Hailstone - all consecutive ROM dogs. Then you have Andy L, Bystate's Ms Prance (pure Hammonds' dog), his Dio dog, Lucan was POR, Conswella ROM and there are more, but those are just off the top of my head.

Lebron, you should try you some of the "Rufus" blood. You'd most likely enjoy it.

Black Hand
02-11-2013, 04:35 PM
I don't know about "family or one breeder". but May Day comes from about 3 or 4 generations of male rom dogs is a rom dog himself who produced multiple rom dogs who in turn are doing the same. so idk, I'd say it's the rbj/rbjbt that produced most of everything... rom gr ch. but not exactly one hand that feeds it like you're looking for.

Black Hand
02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Don't wanna jack the thread, anymore information on melon head?

No Quarter Kennel
02-11-2013, 06:41 PM
You are definitely right Black Hand. The May Day stuff is a super production line as well. No doubt.

I think that's about all there is on Melon.

Jon P. Lebron
02-12-2013, 10:05 AM
I guess thats what happens when a dog is not hyped up?

FrostyPaws
02-12-2013, 05:48 PM
All those Hammonds dogs you named were never ROM dogs until peds online. I don't know, for a FACT, they're not ROM dogs, but I'd be hard pressed to believe it seeing as how long the journal was up and running while Hammonds was breeding and selling dogs from those particular animals.

TFX
02-12-2013, 08:15 PM
I used to have a video of Melonhead, it was of his one loss. He was still a good dog, but it was so obvious that he was old in that show, well past his prime.

TFX
02-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Frosty, I do believe Rufus was on the register years ago.

Jon P. Lebron
02-12-2013, 09:53 PM
I used to have a video of Melonhead, it was of his one loss. He was still a good dog, but it was so obvious that he was old in that show, well past his prime.

How long did this match go? And did he need to be picked up?

Limey Kennels
02-12-2013, 11:13 PM
All those Hammonds dogs you named were never ROM dogs until peds online. I don't know, for a FACT, they're not ROM dogs, but I'd be hard pressed to believe it seeing as how long the journal was up and running while Hammonds was breeding and selling dogs from those particular animals.

Has it ocured to you ore popt up in your mind that the rezen MR H has been able to breed for so long, and never got a visit like boudraux/patrick and those others got!!. might be to do that he is 1 very carefull, 2 he never gets in volved on the internet ore partisiopated in magazines ,3 he breeds other breeds as wel , 4 people who fool around with his dogs hold there info back for a rezen!!>>>5 he is the most hounest breeder out there... Belive me those dogs are genuin..... Dont think there is one old time breeder left who has sutch a foundation of Carver/alligator dogs left as he has... Personaly i would NOT buy any dog from anybody besides our own in the USA. and if he hangs his gloves on. then i belive Ferg/NQK is up for the task to diliver...

Doc Ellis
02-13-2013, 09:26 AM
what does keeping a lower profile have to do with people getting liberal with the ROMS/CHS on peds online? see it with Patrick dogs lately too.....

FrostyPaws
02-13-2013, 05:51 PM
TFX, I knew Rufus was on the list, but I was talking about the others moreso than him.

Limey, be all that as it may, Gary will sell dogs to whomever has the money. I'm glad he never got a visit. I like the man personally, but that doesn't stop him from being what he is when it comes to bulldogs. In the end, it doesn't change the facts that none of those dogs are ROM dogs, aside from Rufus as TFX pointed out.

No Quarter Kennel
02-13-2013, 07:04 PM

you are correct Frosty....I don't think a single Hammonds dog was ever "official" ROM except Rufus. Of course, imho, you'd have to be a fool to advertise anything such as this in a publication of any kind. I've heard GH say it many times, it would be akin to robbing banks and then publishing who's robbing what banks and what they got away with. Not smart at all.

Officially.....nothing to wonder about - never happened. Reality - it's real. Believe it, not, whatever. It really matters none to me as the officiality of any of this stuff. I know what I know and couldn't care less of what validates anything for others.

By no means do I take offense to anything you've typed here, as I respect your perspective tremendously.

No Quarter Kennel
02-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Has it ocured to you ore popt up in your mind that the rezen MR H has been able to breed for so long, and never got a visit like boudraux/patrick and those others got!!. might be to do that he is 1 very carefull, 2 he never gets in volved on the internet ore partisiopated in magazines ,3 he breeds other breeds as wel , 4 people who fool around with his dogs hold there info back for a rezen!!>>>5 he is the most hounest breeder out there... Belive me those dogs are genuin..... Dont think there is one old time breeder left who has sutch a foundation of Carver/alligator dogs left as he has... Personaly i would NOT buy any dog from anybody besides our own in the USA. and if he hangs his gloves on. then i belive Ferg/NQK is up for the task to diliver...

Very well said Limey. Some of the best dogmen in Texas, with some of the best dogs in Texas, don't do a damn thing "officially. However, they have dogs all over the world winning left and right, but b/c it's not bragged about on the internet, locally or reported in a magazine for illegal activities, then it doesn't exist. That is fine by me. Truly is.

I recant anything about any ROM dogs pertaining to the Hammonds' dogs. Rufus is the only one on the list I believe, so we'll stick with that.

Limey, I want a shot at the Tonic you have. I have a couple of bitches, some old school, up close stuff, I want to try it on. They were quality animals in their prime and need to produce and I'd like to get all the help I can to ensure they take.

No Quarter Kennel
02-13-2013, 07:16 PM
TFX, I knew Rufus was on the list, but I was talking about the others moreso than him.

Limey, be all that as it may, Gary will sell dogs to whomever has the money. I'm glad he never got a visit. I like the man personally, but that doesn't stop him from being what he is when it comes to bulldogs. In the end, it doesn't change the facts that none of those dogs are ROM dogs, aside from Rufus as TFX pointed out.

"Doesn't stop him from being what he is....."????

Exactly what "is he"?

You don't know him as well as you think. A man turns down 10's of thousands for a "unreported" ROM dog and he sells to whoever has the money?

Again, not bothering me except you speak about things, on this particular person, that you just don't know much about. It's unfortunate. I see it all the time with all these guys and their "ASSumptions" about dogmen they THINK they know.

That's fine

Sorry I asked about the production record of a bloodline on a bulldog forum.
I forgot, every single thing reflected in "The Journal" is fact. None of it's a fabrication.......couldn't print it if it weren't true huh???.....LOL

I'm out

CRISIS
02-13-2013, 07:42 PM
http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=764

No Quarter Kennel
02-14-2013, 04:37 AM
Sorry Crisis

Park Son did not produce any of those dogs b/c the Journal doesn't say so.
It is the way it is.

Doc Ellis
02-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I thought the castro dogs were discredited and have heard from people down there who know better than me that tanner aint a CH. I loved the looks of that dog and his offspring so Im not bashing

Albino Rhino
03-16-2013, 03:56 AM
Hey Ferg ... "Willy Pete" = T.A. ?? .. Was just curious ... Met him ( T.A. ) twice , and was only introduced to him by name when he showcased a few of his Irish Jerry dogs out this way , very quiet but extremely professional . There was nothing "suspect" about Tanner at that time , that stuff came years later , I know who was spouting off about him but the same guy has spouted off a lot of shit about a lot of other people / dogs ... So never really thought much about it.