PDA

View Full Version : DEX

Czar
03-16-2013, 08:02 AM
Is there sites that sell "DEX" overseas???....anybody kno where I can purchase this drug??

R2L
03-16-2013, 08:03 AM
in europe?

Czar
03-16-2013, 08:16 AM
I don't care as long it's a good site

Czar
03-16-2013, 08:23 AM
I'm in the states

Czar
03-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Up

Czar
03-18-2013, 05:31 AM
Jac, can I order this anywhere or I have to get it under ground??

Czar
03-18-2013, 04:30 PM
So nobody knows where to get Dex from??

R2L
03-18-2013, 04:32 PM
ill send u an adress in europe, dont know if they ship overseas.
dont think u will find it legaly

erik440
03-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Can I get the address also plz

CYJ
03-19-2013, 10:07 AM
There is a very good chance that what you get from overseas will not be the real deal. Will still be illegal to have. The correct Dex that was used. Was called Pref 2X not sure of the whole name now. It was made by the Upjohn Drug company.

Why this one worked so well is that it was a type Cortizone that was slow acting and long lasting. Was a dark thick milky looking liquid in it's bottle. The Azium was very clear and looked like water. Was fast acting.

I would like to add it was not used to dry out a dog to make weight. It's main purpose was to check Swelling of tissue/ bleeding/regulate dog into a deep breathing mode and prevent after effects shock.

I talked to my Vet a good while back about some plain B-12. Which the MD doctors are not offering much these days for the elderly. At least not my Dr. Really helps one if feeling run down. My ex vet said they are monitored on any meds ordered. Same as the drug stores.

The Hog and Cattle farmers use to be able with a whole sale license order all needed meds for their animals. Think that has been done away with.

Officially Retired
03-19-2013, 10:59 AM
There is a very good chance that what you get from overseas will not be the real deal. Will still be illegal to have.

CYJ, I have really enjoyed your posts since you've signed up, but this one here is just not correct. I have been ordering from foreign markets for years, and (if you go to the right places) they very much are the real deal.

The correct Dex that was used. Was called Pref 2X not sure of the whole name now. It was made by the Upjohn Drug company.
Why this one worked so well is that it was a type Cortizone that was slow acting and long lasting. Was a dark thick milky looking liquid in it's bottle. The Azium was very clear and looked like water. Was fast acting.

Dex and azium are essentially the same thing, but azuim has a salt added to it to (as you said) make it faster-acting.

For anti-inflammation, dex is 30x as potent as cortisone ...

I would like to add it was not used to dry out a dog to make weight. It's main purpose was to check Swelling of tissue/ bleeding/regulate dog into a deep breathing mode and prevent after effects shock.

I agree, I know a lot of people use these drugs to dry out a dog and help them to make weight, but IMO this is a misuse of dex/azium.

Jack

R2L
03-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Im not going to give someone an adress with fake stuff.
They have been selling medicin to dogman from all over europe for years.
If Czar has succes ordering it from them, please ask him

R2L
03-19-2013, 11:41 AM
A friend of me used it to get his dog on weight 2 times. The first time he had to pick up and agree with a draw, the second time he lost. His dogs were dried out to much and lost their power. I would never use it for that purpose.

Czar
03-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Drying out a dog is not my purpose and I would never try it..some have had lucc wit it but I have never tried it that way and I will keep it that way....dex is a great drug to have after a hard show

CYJ
03-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Ditto Jack that is good news to hear. That Dex/Azium combo was what changed the whole way of doing dogs with a more natural way of feeding. Up until then it was the older way of limiting the water like Mr. Teal and others did. In his day Mr. Teal was a master at that way of drying out one. Even today some still ask me how Mr. Teal did it. Rowell may know but not me. They did dry a dog out and pulled them down to a bottom weight. At least that was how it looked to me.

Last dog I ever saw done like that was when Mayfield worked Tombstone and won over Bully Son Jr. He still may have used a Dex/Azium shot.

I have a 8MM film somewhere of the famous Teal's Komosinkis's Rocky dog verus Ferris using the Cajun dog. My Father filmed it when he was in the dogs. Mr. Teal's Uncle was a Barber in my home town and was married to one of my great aunts. So Howard knew my Father back then.

These dogs were pulled tight and though it was a interesting and hard match with lots of gameness shown. Not sure they could hold up very long today being pulled so tight against another dog of same quality using the Dex/Azium combo. Even in hot weather. Just my opinions. Those same two dogs at a heavier and not dried out weight with the Dex/Azium combo. Would be rough tough dogs even today.

When the Texas/Oklahoma dogs blew into Florida and then into N.C. to compete. A whole new era began. Times were a changing fast.

Thanks for the correction Jack.

CYJ
03-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Czar you are so right about that as well. After a hard dog pull gave 3 CC of Dex in both shoulders and back legs. May have been using to much. But never lost a dog to shock. In a short while dog would get up drink plenty of water and beef broth with kidneys working real good. The pain and stiffness levels were greatly reduced so dog could start getting up and moving around sooner.

Did not give anymore after that. Once dog was pass the shock stage and full of fluids. Started the wound cleaning and antibiotics with plenty of rest.

R2L
03-19-2013, 03:46 PM
I rather have solu delta cortef on hand when a dog is shock after a hard pull. I've combined it with some dex for the swelling.

scary
03-19-2013, 05:19 PM
czar when do you plain on ordering? because i am about to need some as well and i am anxious to see if you get it. thanks scary

EWO
03-20-2013, 04:46 AM
Our vet had a horse magazine in the lobby about pending veterinary laws and acts being worked on in the NC general assembly. The current law pretty much says any medicine given to correct a medical issue is practicing veterinarian medicine, which is against the law. The bill/proposition is trying to expand this. If your dog does not have heart worms and you give him preventative each month that is OK. If your dog has worms and you use worm medicine to correct this issue you are practicing veterinarian medicine, which is against the law. The first proposal was to make all worm medicines, as well as other 'farm store' 'jeffers' 'revival' animal medicines by prescription only. The first argument against this was if the dog had fleas, and fleas are a medical issue, as well as lead to medical issues, will the flea and tick shampoo need a prescription too? The bill never got going last year but it has been modified and will make another run in the summer. I can't see anything ever passing like this in a farming/agriculture state but if there is an angle for a middle man to turn a dollar I guess people will try just about anything. EWO

There is a very good chance that what you get from overseas will not be the real deal. Will still be illegal to have. The correct Dex that was used. Was called Pref 2X not sure of the whole name now. It was made by the Upjohn Drug company.

I talked to my Vet a good while back about some plain B-12. Which the MD doctors are not offering much these days for the elderly. At least not my Dr. Really helps one if feeling run down. My ex vet said they are monitored on any meds ordered. Same as the drug stores.

The Hog and Cattle farmers use to be able with a whole sale license order all needed meds for their animals. Think that has been done away with.