PDA

View Full Version : Question for jack

SHADOWBOXER
03-20-2013, 04:30 AM
Did you know anybody can edit peds? And if so will this be fixed? I just found out a dog that I put in this data base was given 2 wins and a loss when in fact he's a cur. And this was done by another user on here. I corrected the false information but will the problem be fixed.

Officially Retired
03-20-2013, 04:44 AM
Did you know anybody can edit peds? And if so will this be fixed?

You obviously haven't read the instructions, so I suggest you do so.

"Did I know" that anyone can edit the peds? Uh-YES! I made it that way on purpose.

The reason being is that it gives everyone the ability to contribute information/photos that others might not know/have seen ... which can be a great benefit for us all ... but with that kind of freedom comes a big responsibility: HONESTY. Again, if you read the instructions you would realize this.

I just found out a dog that I put in this data base was given 2 wins and a loss when in fact he's a cur. And this was done by another user on here. I corrected the false information but will the problem be fixed.

First of all, what does being a cur have to do with his winning/losing? Do you know how many freakin dogs have won 2, then lost (quit) and were curs?

Are you saying this dog never competed? Do you know this dog personally, and all that there is to know about the dog, or are you arbitrarily using spotty/hearsay information to make yourself "the custodian" of some dog you really know nothing about?

If you are 100% sure about all aspects of this dog's life, and if you know for sure the dog was never matched, and that the information entered was totally false, then PM me the pedigree of this dog, and I will contact the person who added the false information to see why this was done.

Even if the guy made a mistake, you might be surprised to learn that he did so innocently because he received false information. Not everyone who makes a mistake has evil intentions, including yourself.

Jack

Officially Retired
03-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Did you know anybody can edit peds? And if so will this be fixed? I just found out a dog that I put in this data base was given 2 wins and a loss when in fact he's a cur. And this was done by another user on here. I corrected the false information but will the problem be fixed.

Okay, the person who changed the ped on this dog is my Moderator, Scratchin Dog, and I would trust her word over yours any day of the week.

The truth is, you have a beef with the owner of said dog, you own a son of said dog, and your dog is a game dog. Here is the truth:

I just called the owner of the Scarface and it turns out what he posted on Scarface's ped was the accomplishments of his offspring, not Scarface himself. It wasnt 2xw it was 2 winners and one loss for Shadowboxers dog, 007. But the way he wrote it lead me to believe it was Scarface. He never made it clear that it was the offspring.

So, you see, it was a simple mistake. Scratchin Dog was not trying to mislead anyone, she just made a mistake like everyone else on the planet has done "a time or two" in their lives ... nothing to get mad over.

Further, your personal beef with the owner is your personal beef. Has nothing to do with anything but you and him.

Calling people's dogs "curs," because you don't like the person, is pretty lame. I have "experts" all over the world who have told me my Poncho dog was a "cur" (because they don't like me and wish to high heaven it were true), but sadly for them Poncho was a deeply game dog ... and out-produced every dog every detractor of mine ever had.

Not saying this dog here is Poncho, but if he's a good producer then so be it. We are not the "cur patrol" here, and if we eliminated every cur who ever lived in our peds, none of us would have a dog.

You were right about one thing, though, and the dog was not a 2xW, so thanks for clearing that up.

Just remember, sometimes people make honest mistakes ... and it isn't the end of the world ... and they're pretty easily corrected :D

Jack