PDA

View Full Version : giving Doxy "preventively"

R2L
03-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Taken from the article "how to beat babesia (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/content.php?157)"

Doxycycline (Vibramycin): 100mg 12 hrs apart 1st day, then 50mg every 12 hours for next 13 days. Doxycycline is without a doubt the most important of the conventional drugs listed here. The reason is doxycycline affects just about every single form of tick disease known to man, from babesia, to ehrlichia, to Rocky Mounted spotted fever, as well as other tick-transmitted rickettsia. You can order doxycycline via the product “Bird Biotic” from most vet supply houses. This is the over-the-counter version of Doxycycline. It is my opinion that Doxycycline is such an important drug that, sick or not, you should treat each dog you own with this drug, one time a year, for two weeks, straight, due to all the protozoal and insidious buggers Doxy covers.

Would you advise that for any dog in the world, or specifically for things that can be incurred? in the U.S. ?

At what dose? The same as one would use treating a dog for babesia?

FrostyPaws
03-20-2013, 07:25 PM
For years, I've used Doxy as a preventative against micoplasma that breeding males can pick up from females. I run all my studs on Doxy twice a year, three weeks at a time.

R2L
03-21-2013, 12:42 AM
what dose you use frosty?