PDA

View Full Version : NEW 2012 "BEST TOPIC"

ABADDON KENNELS
12-31-2011, 06:15 PM
OK DOGGERS ,

IT'S TIME TO STAR TRYING TO LOOK AT THIS SHIT IN A NEW WAY

I KNOW WE HEAR ALL THE TIME ABOUT THE GOLDEN DICK OF A STUD DOG . BUT WHAT ABOUT THE (BITCH) ?

THE DAM OFF THESE OFFSPRING PLAYS JUST AS MUCH OF A BIGGER PART THAN THE STUD , RIGHT ?

WE HEAR ALL THE TIME ABOUT FREEZING SPERM . BUT WHAT ABOUT FREEZING THE EGGS OF THE BITCH ?

I HEAR ABOUT THE HUMANS DOING THE IN VITRO PROCEDURES . CAN IT BE DONE WITH ANIMALS ALSO ? I OVER HEARD A OLDER LADY ON MY JOB TALKING ABOUT SHE WANTS TO HAVE ANOTHER KID , BUT NOT RIGHT NOW . SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT FREEZING SOME OF HER EGGS . I DIDN'T KNOW THAT IT COULD BE DONE OR NOT , SO I STARTED DOING A LITTLE RESEARCH AND FOUND OUT THAT INDEED IT COULD BE DONE . I SAID DAM IT , I WONDER CAN IT BE DONE WITH DOGS AS WELL HUUM!

I THINK IN VITRO IS A PROCESS BY WHICH EGGS ARE FERTILISED BY SPERM OUT SIDE THE BODY .

HEAR IS A WRITE UP ON IT IF YOU WOULD LOVE TO READ ABOUT IT , OR KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS PROCEDURE . http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-in-vitr ... zation.htm (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-in-vitro-fertilization.htm)

I JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS VERY INTERESTING AND SOMETHING TO SHARE WITH THE BOARD . YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THAT WE WISH WE HAD SOME OF OUR BEST BITCHES BACK IN OUR LIFE TODAY . IT DAM SURE WOULD BE NICE IF I COULD GO RIGHT NOW AND PULL SOME OF HER EGGS AND DO THE IN VIRTO PROCEDURE RIGHT NOW

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME OF YOU GUYS COMMENTS ON THIS TOPIC !

QCKLime
12-31-2011, 06:21 PM
It's definitely possible, race horse breeders are doing similar things -- harvesting and freezing eggs from producing mares, or harvesting eggs and placing them into a surrogate so they can produce more get from a particular mare in a breeding season. I don't think the procedure has been broached in the dog world yet, there's just not as much money and interest in breeding dogs as performance horses -- yet.

Officially Retired
12-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Very interesting topic man, and I will contribute my thoughts on Monday, but until then have a Happy New Year!

red dog
01-02-2012, 01:08 PM
It's definitely possible, race horse breeders are doing similar things -- harvesting and freezing eggs from producing mares, or harvesting eggs and placing them into a surrogate so they can produce more get from a particular mare in a breeding season. I don't think the procedure has been broached in the dog world yet, there's just not as much money and interest in breeding dogs as performance horses -- yet. I watched a special on animal planet or dirty jobs that showed the howu and why they do it in horse racing. It all came down to money and protecting there assets .

Officially Retired
01-02-2012, 06:33 PM
My honest opinion on this is, while it is a viable option, that making key breedings to preserve your own blood is the way to go.

I could have frozen Poncho, but I didn't. I could freeze Silverback, but I won't.

Even though I respect the right of others to do what they want, my own desires lie in advancing and making NEW combinations ... not to just desperately keep breeding to the same good stud (or bitch) forever, as if I will never see another good dog or producer again.

Jack

Ipk
01-02-2012, 07:45 PM
This topic is like abortion in a way.... LOL! Some will do it some will not... It is in the end its a personal decision. I myself have a male frozen on ice that I well sit on for probably the next 5 to 6 years honestly. For me it will be something I incorporate into my program down the road, which would merely be reinforcing certain genetics that are already present within the particular line, but only if I believe such a thing has become necessary for this particular line to continue to prosper.

Ipk
01-02-2012, 07:46 PM
(a lot less controversial than abortion though) But similarities... LOL!