PDA

View Full Version : Melignant/Benign fatty tumors.."HEY JACK....."

CRISIS
04-03-2013, 02:04 PM
so i took my dog into the vet a few months back about a mass growing on my 6 yr old male. he was diagnosed by the vet to be a fatty tumor although without a biopsy he couldnt tell if it was malignant or benign.

ive had him for roughly the last year. the last owners fed him pro plan for (what im guessing) his whole life.

when i got him, he went to diamond kibble (naturals, not the "garbage" diamond) and was on that for several months....

when i moved to the new place (roughly a month or 2 ago now) i completely switched em to your raw plan....

well a few weeks back when i showed a buddy, it was big (ping pong/golf ball size) & growing like a mushroom as well as red and "scabby" like....

so here i am worrying about the 600$ its gonna cost me to have it removed.......until last night......

believe it or not, the thing is almost COMPLETELY gone.....almost....like i said it was once the size of a portabella mushroom.....last night back down to the size of a dime......without the inflammation and scabs....

my question is.............. as much as id like to believe the raw helped and im witnessing a miracle....... im more inclined to believe the vet just mis diagnosed and it was really an abcess of some sort.....

or is it possible that a tumor did indeed "just go away on its own"........ cuz if thats the case......... ill swear by this diet forever! LOL....

so what do you think?? miracle or idiot vet??

tasoschatz
04-03-2013, 11:48 PM
My knowledge around humans is that all of us have tumors many times around our lives, but it is our immune system that fights them and the body finaly absorbs them, ofcourse this has to do with small size tumors. Maybe your guess is right but the point is that no matter what it really is, the dogs immune system fights it with success, due to diet, due to other reasons? who can tell.

Officially Retired
04-04-2013, 03:07 PM
No diet will keep any dog alive forever, but I can tell you that raw has extended the lives of my dogs WAY beyond what it was when they were fed kibble ...