PDA

View Full Version : Penicillin

Stella
04-03-2013, 02:10 PM
I apologize if this has been covered.I came across this at the Tractor supply.Was wondering if this can be used in certain cases.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10051&storeId=10151&productId=7570&langId=-1&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=&top_category=&urlLangId=&cm_vc=-10005

CRISIS
04-03-2013, 02:53 PM
amoxycillin and stronger are better to have......penicillin really aint worth a shit these days from what i understand.........you should be able to get all that from your local feed store.....

fishmox = amoxycillin

fishcillin= ampicillin

fishflex= cephylexin

those are the ones i have anyways.... im lookin to see who carries the fish or livestock version of clavamox....

Stella
04-03-2013, 03:09 PM
amoxycillin and stronger are better to have......penicillin really aint worth a shit these days from what i understand.........you should be able to get all that from your local feed store.....

fishmox = amoxycillin

fishcillin= ampicillin

fishflex= cephylexin

those are the ones i have anyways.... im lookin to see who carries the fish or livestock version of clavamox....

Thank you...

The fishflex I could have used recently.I used Cephlexin for a nasty skin issue and man it took forever to fix the problem.Is the fishflex better?Or the same.

Officially Retired
04-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Thank you...
The fishflex I could have used recently.I used Cephlexin for a nasty skin issue and man it took forever to fix the problem.Is the fishflex better?Or the same.

Fishflex = cephalexin

RHC
04-13-2013, 04:22 AM
The Penicillin I have is a 50/50 blend of the Procaine and Benzathine. Each is 150,000 IU per CC. What would the dosage and schedule per LB be as to not over/under dose?

RHC
04-15-2013, 08:25 AM
???

RHC
04-15-2013, 05:01 PM
I asked this on another thread but apparently it's not getting noticed. The Penicillin I have is a 50/50 blend of the Procaine and Benzathine. Each is 150,000 IU per CC. What would the dosage and schedule per LB be as to not over/under dose?

R2L
04-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Have you checked the brandname on google?

Officially Retired
04-16-2013, 03:30 AM
I asked this on another thread but apparently it's not getting noticed. The Penicillin I have is a 50/50 blend of the Procaine and Benzathine. Each is 150,000 IU per CC. What would the dosage and schedule per LB be as to not over/under dose?

Actually, what's "not getting noticed" is the article on antibiotics (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/content.php?176) that is in the Article Database, where the penicillin dosages have been listed for you.

If you would take the time to read said article, and realize that different drugs have different dosages and frequencies ... and if you further noticed that the dosages and frequencies of both Procaine and Benzathine are listed ... but not together ... you would still have a basic, general idea of what to do.

If you bought a particular product that contains a mix, does it not have a package insert label, indicating the dosage/frequency? That would be what I would use :idea:

I personally have never bought/used this mix, but it shouldn't be too much trouble to find out.

RHC
04-19-2013, 06:09 PM
My bad. I over looked that article somehow. I hope I can be forgiven. Nonetheless, after reading the article I have decided the best choice will be Fish Flex Forte.