PDA

View Full Version : to clone or not to clone

canismajor
04-07-2013, 03:12 PM
hey guys i wanted some opinions on getting a clone, how much ? does he keep his drive ? i have a red that i picked up as soon as i got out u.s.m.c. honorably. and got lucky to find this pup. to make a short story the breeder was in the right place but wrong time with money in wallet. hsus busted him. destroyed his dogs except a this pup and a female i took to ny. they (hsus) bothered me for awhile but i was still in marine mood. this is his ped

canismajor
04-07-2013, 03:16 PM
sorry about that..
http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=18363
he is on borrowed time at 12yrs

tasoschatz
04-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Many years ago I read an article about a cost of around $50.000, do not know if it was true or not. Usually services of this kind apply to old rich people attached to their pets that want to keep them around for ever. Keep in mind that clones reach the maturity of the original animal in a very short time, that means that if the donnor is 12 years old, then the clone will be at that point in a few years.

canismajor
04-08-2013, 04:28 AM
thank you for the info, i am far from rich, and thats a lot of green.

evolutionkennels
04-08-2013, 05:22 AM
They do not have accelerated aging. Cost is 100,000. South korea the forefront of it. Dr. Hwang

canismajor
04-08-2013, 06:27 AM
thank you , very much. i really appreciate it. i will look him up. do you know about personality or drive will clone have it ?
because to recoup that money without those traits is a gamble. he provided outstanding service dog.

canismajor
04-08-2013, 06:30 AM
Dr. Hwang Woo-suk

canismajor
04-08-2013, 06:54 AM
not much luck finding him. but evo you have very nice dogs:dancin:
50 -100,000 is too thick for my blood. i am not a breeder i just like to work with 1 or 2 dogs at a time only.

evolutionkennels
04-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Dr. Hwang got fired. Starting his own gig

Officially Retired
04-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Fired for falsifying results ...

Officially Retired
04-08-2013, 02:01 PM
hey guys i wanted some opinions on getting a clone, how much ? does he keep his drive ? i have a red that i picked up as soon as i got out u.s.m.c. honorably. and got lucky to find this pup. to make a short story the breeder was in the right place but wrong time with money in wallet. hsus busted him. destroyed his dogs except a this pup and a female i took to ny. they (hsus) bothered me for awhile but i was still in marine mood. this is his ped

Buddy, I wouldn't bother thinking about cloning. Instead, learn what a good bulldog really looks like ... learn to truly understand breeding principles ... and through proper selection you will breed FAR better bulldogs than some guy trying to clone dogs.

My dogs have faced and beaten dogs off (or down from) just about every "famous producer" that has been around during my time, FAR more often than they have lost to them, and I didn't need to clone any of my best dogs to do it. I just knew what I liked in a dog, had good taste as to what a good dog is, and then learned to "keep that rolling" in my breeding choices.

When a dog dies, say goodbye, and get you another good dog. If you know what you're doing as a breeder, you don't have to look back to see good dogs, you should be able to see them all around you because you're breeding them right ;)

Word.

canismajor
04-08-2013, 05:50 PM
thank you for advice and i will keep checking your pups location. i admire what you good breeders do. its very hard work. and it shows.:hatsoff: