PDA

View Full Version : mayday dogs?

gameday
05-30-2013, 06:29 PM
What traits are mayday dogs known for? I understand there's good and bad in every line. But over all what are they best known for?
All opinions welcome!

ToTheDogs
05-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Durability. Air. Gameness. We typically keep it crossed to Bolio (more specifically, Coca Cola blood), because the cross seems to have all the tools. You cross the Mayday/Coca Cola blood into Jeep/Rascal blood and you create Medical Examiners. Yes, Medical Examiners, think about it. :)

gameday
05-31-2013, 12:28 AM
Durability. Air. Gameness. We typically keep it crossed to Bolio (more specifically, Coca Cola blood), because the cross seems to have all the tools. You cross the Mayday/Coca Cola blood into Jeep/Rascal blood and you create Medical Examiners. Yes, Medical Examiners, think about it. :)

Awesome!!
Lol, yes i get it!,Gotta love them "medical examiners":D.
Them traits you listed are exactly what im looking for in a hound. I got a few breedings that i will be doing real soon,mayday /buck.
Thanks for the insight!

gameday
06-01-2013, 05:13 PM
http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=170

bently
06-02-2013, 02:37 AM

My buddy runs that stuff down from ruff n tuff bull crossed with some tramp stuff and all i can say is they still remain on his yard.

jimtom34
06-10-2013, 01:58 PM
I like the yellow blood, but I stay away from mayday dogs:/ just don't care for it !

Nextlevel
06-10-2013, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=jimtom34;16965]I like the yellow blood, but I stay away from mayday dogs:/ just don't care for

The early 2,000's mayday hounds were second to none, I've seen some of this new stuff not impressed.....

evolutionkennels
06-10-2013, 07:24 PM
All depends on where u get them. Good game durable thick bulldogs. Mix with buck.... Awesome

EWO
06-11-2013, 05:06 AM
Just like any line of dogs, in any breed of dogs, popularity can be their demise. Late 90's early 2000's a "Mayday" dog commanded $$$$. The name Mayday made peddling easy. Mayday, just like any other line, can be given a bad name from peddling. The good ones I saw were very intense and brought some pressure, and a lot of old folks will tell you that it is the pressure that busts the pipe. EWO

[QUOTE=jimtom34;16965]I like the yellow blood, but I stay away from mayday dogs:/ just don't care for

The early 2,000's mayday hounds were second to none, I've seen some of this new stuff not impressed.....

Officially Retired
06-11-2013, 06:12 AM
The trouble with any bloodline is, one person may make a breeding (based on "pedigree") that another person would never make (based on performance).

Repeated over time, even though both men have "X Bloodline," the first man will have a bunch of useless paper tigers ... while the second man will have true performance representatives of the line. When you have a bloodline that gets all over the place, like Mayday dogs, you are going to get this kind of a disparity in ability and results.

Then, on top of this, since most dogmen aren't all that bright, one group of dogmen will get together and see some dogs of "X Bloodline" rolled/matched ... bred by the first guy ... and the dogs will suck ... and they will actually believe that all dogs of "X Bloodline" are that shitty. Meanwhile, another group of dogmen will see dogs rolled/matched from the second guy's yard, of the same "X Bloodline," and these dogs will kick ass and look great. Those dogmen will then believe that all dogs of "X Bloodline" are great.

And then members of both groups will argue online that "X Dogs suck" ... and "X Dogs are great" ... and the funny thing is both groups are right ... based on their frames of reference and what they saw :lol:

Thus, in the end, there is no such thing as a true working bloodline, that's still competes, that either "always sucks" or is "always great" ...

In the end, we must look at each individual animal, and if we're going to buy pups/dogs of ANY bloodline, it will always fall back on the age-old saying, "Who bred them and WHY?"

Jack

jimtom34
06-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Just like any line of dogs, in any breed of dogs, popularity can be their demise. Late 90's early 2000's a "Mayday" dog commanded $$$$. The name Mayday made peddling easy. Mayday, just like any other line, can be given a bad name from peddling. The good ones I saw were very intense and brought some pressure, and a lot of old folks will tell you that it is the pressure that busts the pipe. EWO

[QUOTE=Nextlevel;16967]

I can see this mabe that's why I have done better with out the mayday,most of the peddlers went that way and I agree their must be some good ones out there but I wouldn't chance it!! Plus I like the look of the blood without mayday better !!

evolutionkennels
06-11-2013, 09:15 AM
In my experience, the redboy jocko dogs are long winded, great air, good tough Hyde, good on the head, and will go to the back end. They are game as the day is long. But you throw hollingsworth in there, it adds the finish dimension, makes them even more durable, and more razzle dazzle ability.

R2L
06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Jack has nailed it there

swampdawg
06-11-2013, 09:46 AM
I think evo nailed it with the durabiliy remark.Yellow bred dogs r lacking this quality.

Officially Retired
06-11-2013, 09:59 AM
There are few, if any, strains of dogs that are as game, durable, or well-structured as The Hollingsworth Dogs ...

Jack

ToTheDogs
06-11-2013, 11:24 AM
We agree Jack!! ^^^

We, personally, don't like the Buck/Mayday cross. If you add too much Buck blood it throws cold mutts. We prefer the Coca-Cola blood in there, they are overall better dogs than Buck dogs. In our opinion, from the ones we've seen.

evolutionkennels
06-11-2013, 03:38 PM
My two cents. Best performers, best producers. 25% buck, 25% hollingsworth, 50% Redboy-Jocko is the best I've seen. Machobuck was 37.5% buck with only 1/4 dolly, but was the exception. That's why when I made machobear I went back to the 25% formula. That was what the original macho was out of mayday and blondie. And it made this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY44FYA4E50&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Far from cold. And the reason I took bull to yellow sassy was to get dogs to breed to Machobuck frozen semen to get dogs that are like machobear. You are right.. Too much buck and you get some cold, but add in hollingsworth with a 50% redboy jocko out and in my opinion.. No better dogs in the world. Mayday or hollingsworth add durability, but you haven't seen ability or finish until you seen a buck dog go. Machobuck times.. 18,22,28,31,1:27. The 1:27 was over in 39. So yeah.. Buck brings throat action with fancy dancing untouchable finish. Hollingsworth and mayday gameness and durability with some back end finish, the redboy jocko extreme gameness, air, head, .. All lines bring good traits. Trick is to put it all together, using different dogs of the same family harnessing what each strain brings to the table.

swampdawg
06-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Another thing I dont think was mention is brains,something most yellow dogs are short on.

gameday
06-12-2013, 04:57 AM
My two cents. Best performers, best producers. 25% buck, 25% hollingsworth, 50% Redboy-Jocko is the best I've seen. Machobuck was 37.5% buck with only 1/4 dolly, but was the exception. That's why when I made machobear I went back to the 25% formula. That was what the original macho was out of mayday and blondie. And it made this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY44FYA4E50&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Far from cold. And the reason I took bull to yellow sassy was to get dogs to breed to Machobuck frozen semen to get dogs that are like machobear. You are right.. Too much buck and you get some cold, but add in hollingsworth with a 50% redboy jocko out and in my opinion.. No better dogs in the world. Mayday or hollingsworth add durability, but you haven't seen ability or finish until you seen a buck dog go. Machobuck times.. 18,22,28,31,1:27. The 1:27 was over in 39. So yeah.. Buck brings throat action with fancy dancing untouchable finish. Hollingsworth and mayday gameness and durability with some back end finish, the redboy jocko extreme gameness, air, head, .. All lines bring good traits. Trick is to put it all together, using different dogs of the same family harnessing what each strain brings to the table.

Fukn awesome!! Thanks evo, very insightful.

evolutionkennels
06-18-2013, 05:58 AM
Another thing I dont think was mention is brains,something most yellow dogs are short on.

I'll second that. I've owned two and they are the dumbest high strung dogs ever. I have one now.. Yellow sassy, and she is just a retard. Gets excited, then starts to fight her water bucket, then 5 minutes later is dying of a heat stroke in 100 degree Texas heat. I made a concrete box around the water bucket. Now she's knocking her teeth out. Fucking retard.

http://www.machobuck.com/Yellow%20Sassy.jpg
http://www.machobuck.com/Yellow%20Sassy.htm

R2L
06-18-2013, 06:32 AM
ill second that too, lol. 5 months old pup is already destroying her teeth on her kennel. from the moment she was born she never knew what was playing.

swampdawg
06-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Lost one Friday to the heat in 90 degree weather,total shaded spot,just hyper as hell.The others that r outcrossed seem to take the heat bettet,they know to calm down.

evolutionkennels
06-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Yeah.. Im going to bring her in the house during the day.

BlackHeartWarrior
06-19-2013, 07:54 AM
i like the mayday stuff. about a year ago a accidental breeding took place with 2 of my younglings. so i let nature take its course. i kept a male from this breeding http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=22358 double bred Mayday/ Double bred Yellow /Double bred Teacher (50% Redboy/ 50% ELI) Double bred Shortie (Cardena's shortie) and his fire. 10 months old and he showed 1 of my fulyl schooled prospects flames in a yard accident. Defensive Maestro of note with above average mouth. Still early days. he might turn out not to be that good in the box but either way. Very excited to start schooling him.

luvmybulldogs
06-27-2013, 03:34 PM
How about crossed to the chinaman stuff??

pagm
12-26-2013, 10:28 AM
How about crossed to the chinaman stuff??

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=32737

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=32738

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=32739

1DEEP
01-13-2014, 02:00 PM
IMO. One of the best attributes of this line is the body structure. They look like perfect built machines. Sometimes with very little if any work...

gameday
01-15-2014, 04:10 AM
IMO. One of the best attributes of this line is the body structure. They look like perfect built machines. Sometimes with very little if any work...

very true!
i got a young male around 20months,that all i do is walk. and man he looks like he's been thru a keep...very well defined and build like a fine tuned machine.....he looks like a 48 but weighs 44!

Yardboyz
01-15-2014, 05:04 AM
Seen a mayday bitch show her worth, and fell in love with the blood. Got a young female now that's showing a lot of promise:)

No Quarter Kennel
01-15-2014, 01:53 PM
The trouble with any bloodline is, one person may make a breeding (based on "pedigree") that another person would never make (based on performance).

Repeated over time, even though both men have "X Bloodline," the first man will have a bunch of useless paper tigers ... while the second man will have true performance representatives of the line. When you have a bloodline that gets all over the place, like Mayday dogs, you are going to get this kind of a disparity in ability and results.

Then, on top of this, since most dogmen aren't all that bright, one group of dogmen will get together and see some dogs of "X Bloodline" rolled/matched ... bred by the first guy ... and the dogs will suck ... and they will actually believe that all dogs of "X Bloodline" are that shitty. Meanwhile, another group of dogmen will see dogs rolled/matched from the second guy's yard, of the same "X Bloodline," and these dogs will kick ass and look great. Those dogmen will then believe that all dogs of "X Bloodline" are great.

And then members of both groups will argue online that "X Dogs suck" ... and "X Dogs are great" ... and the funny thing is both groups are right ... based on their frames of reference and what they saw :lol:

Thus, in the end, there is no such thing as a true working bloodline, that's still competes, that either "always sucks" or is "always great" ...

In the end, we must look at each individual animal, and if we're going to buy pups/dogs of ANY bloodline, it will always fall back on the age-old saying, "Who bred them and WHY?"

Jack

Possibly the greatest summation of "dogmen" and what is right and wrong with our dogs.
Excellent

gameday
01-16-2014, 12:14 AM
hey no quarter....do you have any info or something you want to mention about mayday dogs?have you seen many?

MRBLUEPRINT
01-22-2014, 06:45 AM
LIKE EM BLENDED LIKE THIS, HIGH POWERED, SMART, DURABLE, ND MOST OF ALL GAME TO THE CORE

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=1578

gameday
01-22-2014, 02:41 PM
LIKE EM BLENDED LIKE THIS, HIGH POWERED, SMART, DURABLE, ND MOST OF ALL GAME TO THE CORE

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=1578

Real nice blueprint!!

pagm
01-26-2014, 10:44 AM
http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=26989

stopem
01-28-2014, 07:22 PM
http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=31581

gameday
01-29-2014, 01:11 AM
http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=31581

REAL NICE!!
CH over a GR CH.....love the way he,s put together!!

wrknapbt
01-29-2014, 05:39 AM
This one of my favorite Mayday dogs.

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=20387

Yardboyz
01-30-2014, 11:14 PM
This one of my favorite Mayday dogs.

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=20387
Nice

wrknapbt
02-19-2014, 07:26 AM
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I keep hearing people say that Mayday ducked some family of rednose dogs. That had he not then there would be no Mayday dogs. I know it's easy to talk trash once the days have now passed but who did he "duck" ??????

AmberLamps
02-19-2014, 08:43 AM
You're probably talking about Pera's GR CH King. King was supposedly offered to Mayday and Maydays camp refused him.

What those gentlemen from the Balkans fail to mention is that they wanted Maydays camp to do all the travelling and meet King in his back yard. That's most likely the reason they refused king and not that they were running from him, as they like to make out in the Balkans.

wrknapbt
02-19-2014, 08:52 AM
the mayday dogs are still getting it done and the dogs he ducked are not.

Officially Retired
02-19-2014, 09:02 AM
You're probably talking about Pera's GR CH King. King was supposedly offered to Mayday and Maydays camp refused him.
What those gentlemen from the Balkans fail to mention is that they wanted Maydays camp to do all the travelling and meet King in his back yard. That's most likely the reason they refused king and not that they were running from him, as they like to make out in the Balkans.

People always do shit like that: "offer a match" ... with everything stacked in their favor ... and when the other camp flushes the idea, and does something different, X camp acts like "their dog" was ducked, rather than their bullshit terms.

Jack

inkdogg
02-19-2014, 10:02 AM

Jack
:appl: :appl: :appl:
Very well said...

HateBreed
02-20-2014, 08:34 PM
http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=6067

Lasse
02-24-2014, 09:32 AM
@ wrknapbt
I.M. told me that V.A. ducked away when they wanted to go against Mayday, and that they made the offer more than once.

Officially Retired
02-24-2014, 10:20 AM
What's funny to me is ... all these dogs that Mayday supposedly "ducked" never amounted to flyshit as producers compared to what Mayday amounted to ... never had 2 sisters that made Champion either ... never were inbred back to their mothers (or mother's sister) to produce another Grand Champion (as Mayday produced Haunch), etc.

True quality is not just some "flash-in-the-pan" dog that won 5 ... true quality goes DEEP, and it goes WIDE, and Mayday's quality is absolutely proven ... not just as a dog and individual Grand Champion ... but also as coming from a quality litter (with 2 Champion sisters), as a quality producer of multiple Champions (even when inbred) ... so when you step back and see the whole picture ... Mayday's quality goes DEEPER and WIDER than any other individual dog of his weight, or his time. Period, bar none.

And that is pretty much all that needs to be said as far as "who-is-who" between Mayday and the wannabes that wish they were Mayday :idea:

Jack

gameday
02-24-2014, 01:50 PM
What's funny to me is ... all these dogs that Mayday supposedly "ducked" never amounted to flyshit as producers compared to what Mayday amounted to ... never had 2 sisters that made Champion either ... never were inbred back to their mothers (or mother's sister) to produce another Grand Champion (as Mayday produced Haunch), etc.

True quality is not just some "flash-in-the-pan" dog that won 5 ... true quality goes DEEP, and it goes WIDE, and Mayday's quality is absolutely proven ... not just as a dog and individual Grand Champion ... but also as coming from a quality litter (with 2 Champion sisters), as a quality producer of multiple Champions (even when inbred) ... so when you step back and see the whole picture ... Mayday's quality goes DEEPER and WIDER than any other individual dog of his weight, or his time. Period, bar none.

And that is pretty much all that needs to be said as far as "who-is-who" between Mayday and the wannabes that wish they were Mayday :idea:

Jack

Very true!!! Well said.

wrknapbt
02-26-2014, 10:41 AM

Jack

Well that about sums it up!