PDA

View Full Version : ivermectin

erik440
06-08-2013, 09:05 AM
What is the dosage to treat mange with ivermecrin is .3 per 10lbs or .1 per 10 lbs

R2L
06-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Hope this article helps for you ;)

http://dogskintreatments.com/articles/demodectic-mange/ivermectin-for-demodectic-mange-explained/

erik440
06-08-2013, 09:26 AM
I thought it was per pound not kilogram and it was given everyday

gigam
10-16-2015, 12:44 PM
What was the correct dosage of Ivermectin for mange and was it given every day?...
What was the outcome?..

Officially Retired
10-16-2015, 01:42 PM
What was the correct dosage of Ivermectin for mange and was it given every day?...
What was the outcome?..

What kind of mange?

The dosage for demodex is 45x that for sarcoptic ...

gigam
10-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Demodex..

gigam
10-25-2015, 08:02 AM
Let me give more information!..

I feed them a raw optimal diet.

When I receive my pups I keep them in a above ground pen inside my house, and after 16 weeks or so they are still keeped inside my house and they sleep inside their cages..

I take them outside daily to use the bathroom and for their exercise..

Here is a picture of the above ground pen and and one of their cages.

Officially Retired
10-27-2015, 06:49 AM
That is a pretty nice indoor setup. I have actually thought about making an indoor, above-ground pen Amazon. Just never did.

Anyway, if you're using Ivomec (1%) to treat demodex, the dosage is 600 mcg./kg ORALLY and DAILY. The breakdown for both types of mange, in ccs is as follows:

Sarcoptic/Scabes (200 mcg./kg, orally or Sub-Q ev. 2 wks)
Give .1 cc for a 10 lb dog.
Give .2 cc for a 20 lb dog.
Give .3 cc for a 30 lb dog.
Give .4 cc for a 40 lb dog.
Give .5 cc for a 50 lb dog.
Etc.

Demodex (600 mcg./kg, orally + daily, for 30 days)
Give .3 cc for a 10 lb dog.
Give .6 cc for a 20 lb dog.
Give .9 cc for a 30 lb dog.
Give 1.2 cc for a 40 lb dog.
Give 1.5 cc for a 50 lb dog.
Etc.

Remember, for sarcoptic mange the dosage is moderate, and in two applications spaced two weeks apart. For demodex the dosage is high and DAILY ... until cleared and you get two negative skin scrapings in a row. You can use Ivomec concurrently w/ Amitraz, or by itself, for demodex. You should use antibiotics (like cephalexen) if the demodex is severe. You do not want to use cortico-steroids if your dog has demodex, as it lowers the immune response.

Hope this helps,

Jack

gigam
11-06-2015, 05:43 AM
Thanks A Lot Jack,
Much Appreciated!....
Game of Dogs

S_B
11-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Very good information there Jack!

I've been doing some studying on the different types of bacterial and microbial infections caused by vectors in dogs and humans both. What I've found interesting is in humans with Lyme and other co-infections (Babesiosis) Ivermectin is being prescribed.

From what I've gathered thus far the ivermectin is breaking down or killing off the biofilm that surrounds the microbes (parasite) which makes since.

I've done a little searching on the dosages given to humans but so far I haven't found anything. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, I was actually going to start a Babesia discussion topic just haven't had the time. But I though it pertinent to bring up the use of Ivomec for this as well.

Thanks again for sharing,
S_B

S_B
11-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Also there is a full worming protocol with ivermectin which cleans out all worms in a dog I've been told. The dosage is rather high off memory, do you have any information on that?

S_B