PDA

View Full Version : A/C for Brood Pens in Hot Conditions

Team BAD
07-02-2013, 12:54 PM
http://youtu.be/GFkCJTxTelY

scratchin dog
07-02-2013, 01:06 PM
I was waiting for you to put that up. I think its awesome.

Team BAD
07-02-2013, 01:22 PM
It's a really simple idea. It can be done with an old home A/C unit, and can be done with a water pump, cooler, and a refrigerator or ice. Same concept as cooling white lightning down on the worm end :)

LEFTLANE
07-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Them pups look great. Well bred too

scratchin dog
07-02-2013, 11:23 PM
It's a really simple idea. It can be done with an old home A/C unit, and can be done with a water pump, cooler, and a refrigerator or ice. Same concept as cooling white lightning down on the worm end :)

I wouldn't know about cooling white lightning. :lol: How cool does it keep the puppy pen?

Black Hand
07-02-2013, 11:26 PM
interesting, I was at Home Depot today with same intentions of building something like that.

Team BAD
07-03-2013, 03:01 PM
In a 102 degree temp the brood pen will sit at 91 degrees inside the brood pen area. Inside the whelping box in that temp, with 1 two inch duct was 87 degrees. A substantial change for the pup's living conditions. I have had numerous people come over and want to see my system at work. I am currently thinking of building pens with this feature, so I'm not willing to share my plans at this time. I will say it is very affordable, and with some thought can be easily done by someone else. Key words here are "copper piping", "old refrigerator", "water pump", and a "cooler"...from there you can use your imagination ;)