PDA

View Full Version : Red Jelly stool

CORNERBOYZ
07-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Wondering is it gardia or codissia(sp)

evolutionkennels
07-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Hmm. I always have a bottle of albon handy. Sounds like coccidia, but only a microscope can tell u. Both smell bad. Also could be worm infestation

CORNERBOYZ
07-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks Evo, Already have it and have wormed. Just wondering.

SteelyDan
07-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Ill see that also in some of the older dogs or in dogs that have eaten some sticks, pine needles, whatever. It can be a sign of the above mentioned or just an irritated intestine wall.

Officially Retired
07-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Thanks Evo, Already have it and have wormed. Just wondering.

"Already wormed" is actually a meaningless statement.

The reason is you could have used the wrong drug, the wrong dose, the wrong frequency, or given for the wrong amount of time ... which means there's a real chance your dogs aren't "wormed" at all.

I agree with Evo, it's either worms, coccidia, or even some kind of virus (does not sound like giardia). But, for some reason, it sounds like blood in the intestines/colon.

What kind of wormer did you give, how much, and for how long?

There is also an abstract virus going around, that makes dogs shit "blood pudding" (or black-blood-tar) for a few days, but goes away (although some dogs die from it).

Hookworms and whipworms also produce a similar plight, and you have to use certain drugs (at certain doses) to get them ... "regular worming" with pyrantel or ivermectin will NOT work.

Good luck,

Jack

evolutionkennels
07-25-2013, 02:50 PM
"Already wormed" is actually a meaningless statement.

The reason is you could have used the wrong drug, the wrong dose, the wrong frequency, or given for the wrong amount of time ... which means there's a real chance your dogs aren't "wormed" at all.

I agree with Evo, it's either worms, coccidia, or even some kind of virus (does not sound like giardia). But, for some reason, it sounds like blood in the intestines/colon.

What kind of wormer did you give, how much, and for how long?

There is also an abstract virus going around, that makes dogs shit "blood pudding" (or black-blood-tar) for a few days, but goes away (although some dogs die from it).

Hookworms and whipworms also produce a similar plight, and you have to use certain drugs (at certain doses) to get them ... "regular worming" with pyrantel or ivermectin will NOT work.

Good luck,

Jack

Sounds like whips. But best bet is to take a stool sample to vet. Find out what to treat. See my post earlier today

CORNERBOYZ
07-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Ok. I'll take a sample to the vet and let you all know what it is. Thanks Evo and Jack.

CYJ
07-25-2013, 07:45 PM
If the blood is on the outside of the stool is usually hooks. If in the center of stool is whip worms. If the blood is jelly red probably hooks. If black and tar looking is Whip worms. But still best have the Vet have a look. That is old info. that may be proven incorrect today. I never had anymore problems with those type worms and heart worms when I used ivermectin on a scheduled bases.

Mine was just fleas and tape worms from the fleas. The Vets had the best tape wormer under their control. Sell you so many tablets at a time. What a racket they had going.

Then the fire ants showed up they were a blast from the past. You would have at least thought the fire ants would eat the damn fleas. I do not believe a Ant Eater will stick his tongue in a Fire Ant mound. They can make a Elephant move his big Arse. LOL

CORNERBOYZ
07-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Took him to vet, whips and coccidiosis . Thanks guys.

evolutionkennels
07-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Am I right or am I right!!? I said check for coccidia and sounds like whips. Hehehe

Eliman
07-27-2013, 09:13 AM
:appl: fine job evolution my guess would have been a hook infestation.

RoughNeck

CYJ
07-27-2013, 12:15 PM
You Da Man Evo. Right on.

evolutionkennels
07-27-2013, 10:43 PM
You Da Man Evo. Right on.

The sun shines on a dogs ass on some days