PDA

View Full Version : JESSIE ROD'S GR. CH. MIDNIGHT

BIGFLA73
01-04-2012, 04:04 AM
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE LINE IS KNOWN FOR GOOD AND BAD .....

CitySwamp
01-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Some good athletic fast game hounds.. Not many as he wasn't bred much but he produced well..

BIGFLA73
01-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Some good athletic fast game hounds.. Not many as he wasn't bred much but he produced well..
THANKS IM JUST TRYING TO GET INFO N THE LINE .. TRYING TO BE A STUDENT OF THE GAME

Ipk
01-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Hard to find free of other blood in my part of the country. They are crossing well with the alligator bloodlines, and eli... I would love two linebred off of midnight, with no outs....

Officially Retired
01-04-2012, 12:13 PM
I can't imagine a more qualified dog of this line than Killer Combine's Gr Ch Vengeance, DOY (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=241538).

Jack

Jrbulldogs
01-04-2012, 01:45 PM
A great line of dogs,from what I have been told they don't lack much,when you get a good one you got the complete package

killercombine
01-04-2012, 03:25 PM
8-)

Officially Retired
01-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks Jack that means a lot comming from you. To answer the gentelmans question, they are the complete package with an emphasis in the brain department and with very high percentage of good ones. They also cross very good with any blood so it really is a line that you can't go wrong with. The combo that made the Midnight line and now the Vengeance line is a proven combo.Take a close look at the Vise Grip line and you will find it is a similar line, take a look at the RCC line and is the same combo. All of us can't be wrong and the proof is the success we have had and the amount of wins. They also tend to get better and step it up when faced by better oponents so you don't have to pick and choose with them. Actions speak louder than words can. Hope this was of help. YIS, kc.

Pleasure to have you onboard KC. Do you have any bitches as tight (or tighter) on Midnight than Gr Ch Vengeance?

Also, are you going to be pushing the envelope with Vengeance himself, to see how tight you can breed him and retain fiercely-competitive quality? While some people may worry about things getting "too tight," it's been my experience that some of the tight breedings make dogs even better, or at the very least comparable to the dog being linebred upon.

Just curious as to your breeding strategy with Vengeance :idea:

Thanks,

Jack

Ipk
01-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Pleasure to have you onboard KC. Do you have any bitches as tight (or tighter) on Midnight than Gr Ch Vengeance?

Also, are you going to be pushing the envelope with Vengeance himself, to see how tight you can breed him and retain fiercely-competitive quality?

Just curious as to your breeding strategy with Vengeance :idea:

Thanks,

Jack

I am VERY curious as well. Hope you will share...

BIGFLA73
01-05-2012, 04:05 AM
I can't imagine a more qualified dog of this line than Killer Combine's Gr Ch Vengeance, DOY (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=241538).

Jack

Thanks Jack that means a lot comming from you. To answer the gentelmans question, they are the complete package with an emphasis in the brain department and with very high percentage of good ones. They also cross very good with any blood so it really is a line that you can't go wrong with. The combo that made the Midnight line and now the Vengeance line is a proven combo.Take a close look at the Vise Grip line and you will find it is a similar line, take a look at the RCC line and is the same combo. All of us can't be wrong and the proof is the success we have had and the amount of wins. They also tend to get better and step it up when faced by better oponents so you don't have to pick and choose with them. Actions speak louder than words can. Hope this was of help. YIS, kc.
Thanks ,we spoke before but thanks for the insight on the line. I am thinking about adding it to my stock . So you more then likely be hearing from me in the near future ....BIG FLA /CSB

killercombine
01-05-2012, 04:27 AM
8-)

bigpopdog
01-05-2012, 05:47 AM
We just had a litter of Vengeance to his double doughter Chang that makes them triple Vengeance, We have an Indian Sonny bred female called Vandel 1xw and she should be dropping her litter in about two weeks.

THOSE 2 BREEDING SHOULD BE REAL NICE :D 8-)

Officially Retired
01-05-2012, 03:55 PM
We just had a litter of Vengeance to his double doughter Chang that makes them triple Vengeance, I will definetly let you know if they turn out to be any good, but they were just born so is to early to tell, lol. We have an Indian Sonny bred female called Vandel 1xw and she should be dropping her litter in about two weeks. Vengeance was the last breeding ever done with Midnight jr and the rest of his litter is gone due to unfortunate circumstances, so he is the last of the mohicans. A good friend of ours has some heavy bred Jesse's Max dogs that we will experiment breeding Vengeance to, Even though we are not to high on Max as an individual we will see what it does. As far as letting any inbred dogs go i can tell you that they wont be cheap because selling an inbred dog to someone is basicaly giving him the keys to the kingdom. It has been my experience that when you inbreed to much on the midnight line mouth diminishes a bit. Jesse loved to inbreed so i have seen plenty of them to make that observation. On the other hand we have a double bred female from Gr Ch Vengeance to Ch Phoenix, his daughter, we call her Little Black AKA Chiquitica, she is about 30 pounds and she is all that an a bag of chips with a soda, so it is because of her that we are begining to do a bit more inbreeding now. I hope I was of help, God Bless and stay safe. YIS, KC.

Thank you for the insight, KC.

I understand what you mean about "giving away the keys to the kingdom" by selling an inbred dog off your core stuff, so well said.

I am glad you have had various experiences with inbred dogs of that general line, and it is interesting that the heavy Midnight dogs you saw lacked a little mouth, while the heavy Vengeance bitch you have has mouth. I have noticed the same thing with inbred Poncho dogs versus inbred Silverback dogs: my inbred Poncho dogs were almost always game, and many were fancy head dogs, but almost all of them lacked mouth ... while it seems like my inbred Silverback dogs are super-charged with extreme body strength, ability, and the desire to dominate and close the deal immediately. I am trying it a few different ways now to see if that pans out with different combinations.

So, in the same fashion, while inbreeding on Midnight may have yielded a preponderance of game dogs without mouth, it will be interesting to see if likewise inbreeding on Vengeance will continuously result in much more powerhouse-type dogs for you Chiquitica.

I wish you all the best in your efforts,

Jack

killercombine
01-06-2012, 03:56 AM
8-)

Officially Retired
01-06-2012, 04:02 AM
I agree with you. Let us make a New Year's Resolution to "get her done."

I have a 3/4 Silverback bitch I could use, and if you'd like to try a tight Vengeance gyp on Silverback it would be my pleasure.

YigYang
01-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Midnight was a very outgoing deep game dog that was a workacholic. , where he proved himself against a great ch rusty hooks mouth dog.

He came from a great producer who was on the yard of Indian Sonny who owned a dog name pistol.
Pistol was bred to 11 bitches and produced a high precentage of very good dogs, and you can say his decendants did as well.

killercombine
01-06-2012, 06:42 AM
[ 8-)

jeepredboy6
01-07-2012, 10:06 PM
How can i GET some of this Blood....Working man/no refernces/ dogman...wit the money, to purchase?

champj20
01-09-2012, 03:59 AM
Long time KC u probably don't remember but I meet you at a BBQ down off 80 was wondering how that little male pup turned out that u had for sale that night? Some very nice breeding you have coming with Cali Jack we have two littermate off SliverBack (M/F) to some great Burns blood. Names JSD'S SLIVER MONEY & CSB'S SLIVER MOUTH and loving their growth to come thanks to JRBulldogs. God Bless and Good Luck with progression to come great leadership in K9's to Cali. Jack & KC!!!!

THANKS,
JSD/CSB

killercombine
01-09-2012, 04:57 AM
8-)

BIGFLA73
01-10-2012, 04:15 AM
YES WE WILL BE ADDING THE BLOOD (GR CH KILLER COMBINE'S VENGEANCE (6XW) DOY 2009 & 2011 POR ) IN TO OUR LINE IN THE NEAR FUTURE ;) ...... BIG FLA/CSB

STONEWALL
02-18-2012, 06:06 PM
I owned a littermate sister of GR.CH. Midnight, My partner owned a CH. half sister by Pistol before Sonny aquired Pistol. And my friend that owned Pistol pior to letting him go to Sonny had a few half siblings to Midnight. Great dogs. Game, intense, hard mouthed.

Many of my Homer line dogs carry the blood of Midnight's half sister "Chili Pepper" (3x) in thier pedigree's

YigYang
02-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Here is a link to a download of the The SDJ that includes the story of midnight and veangance. (its a free download, scroll to the bottom)

http://www.sportingdogjournal.info/

YigYang
02-18-2012, 08:57 PM
http://www.sportingdogjournal.info/

Limey Kennels
02-22-2012, 06:34 AM
AS it iz back in the eurly 90,s a frind of mine who had a famely bred dog to ours askt me if i could find him a bloodline that nobody had overhere.
So i pointed him out and helpt him to get the midnightblood. he got dogs like Little man, thunderhead little missy ecetera.
he showed his male Little man against a brother of grch mongoose, and blew tru him in 15 min.
Unecspearience as he was he took on a dog called ch Blinky who was in the hands of some very capeble dog man of the day. i saw little man a day befor and he lookt like wel (*&%R@!!%$%*&. would have only taken a dog like that to a shit race.
anyway Little man lost in wel over 2 hours.. at that time another dogm,an i knew was becoming very intrested in these dogs this man ,s name was Detleff. a smaal man of stature but very big in harth.
he traveld over back and forward to Jerry Roderiges and got some serius stock of of him. what was known about these dogs is that the % of good game dogs was very low!!. but the ones that where good wel. runn!!!!!!!!!!!. lots of these dogs tented to start as if there was no tomorrow boring in deep in that pig,s chest. but somehow we feld that they lackt some deep durabilety.
as it is there was a show between FWK and detleff fwk came with a bitch called samarts Peticoat wich he got afther Petter Hille(smart) and canadian dogman Dan Tattoo where shot and killed, over another dogmans wife!!!!. Drtleff came with a bitch called Holy out of midnight jr and untoutchebles ch chwey.
Holly was victories in 60 min . rumours started to come out that holly was shown against GRCH candy the one who was bred to grch buster brouwn, and candy had to be pict up at the 11 min mark...
later a bitch called LK Firefox was shown into Holly in what prooved to be a absoluut claccis.
and witch made us disied to go deeper in that Midnight blood. as it is we aal know that Mayfied pit general was stolen.
I happend to be in posesion of a audio tape where Don Mayfield and maurice carver are talking on the phone where they KNOW Indian Sunny had the dog. they where tryng to set sunny up. but i gues somhow he got word of it . Sunny left the game for 3 solid years .
and came back with BLACK dogs that showed a asome simularety with general and who where boring in like there was no tomorrow!!. those dogs can be brwamd real fine (like maifield did) without loosing to mutch...
we disieded to cross our Alligator//nigger /eli famely with these dogs . so i barrowed a bitch called jenny from Detleff. and bred to our best male ever a dog called Magic.
the outcome was more then intresting. funny thing is that this jenny bitch could have been a daughter of Nelis rom... if your looking for ansluoght dogs who scream jeronimo!! and some smaller dogs then these are some very intresting dogs to use... got some pictures of those eurly crosses we made and some sec gen ones..if you guys are intrested..

drz
02-22-2012, 06:51 AM
I'd love to get a look at those pictures Limey. Great story as well.

apeman
02-11-2020, 08:52 AM
bump up for 2020...

ninobrown
07-09-2021, 09:16 AM
I know this is an old thread but I've housed/borrowed Geronimo while getting him bred to a gyp my ex-partner owned. Geronimo is off of Max. I have 2 males around off of Geronimo that don't really lack anything. Both are really smart have great ability and they're both from 2 different breedings. I know of a Champion and some other winners he's thrown also. I love the Midnight crosses I have and have seen. I know Geronimo's original owner and was said the dog had passed recently. But can anyone point me in the right direction of working Midnight blood or a proven stud? I would be more than greatful to breed to and/or work the blood in a more pure form. Much appreciated for any help. I'm in the tri-state area.

bigpopdog
12-23-2021, 11:42 AM
THE SOURCE JUST HAD A LITTER LAST MONTH FROM STRAWS OFF OF MIDNIGHT JR.

CrazyRed
12-29-2021, 10:49 AM
THE SOURCE JUST HAD A LITTER LAST MONTH FROM STRAWS OFF OF MIDNIGHT JR.

He going to want a pretty penny for one of those

bigpopdog
12-31-2021, 04:24 PM
He going to want a pretty penny for one of those

THEY'RE ALL SPOKEN FOR ALREADY :lol:.