PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Beef?

MEAUXTIVATION
08-19-2013, 07:32 PM
I been thinking about switching it up a lil bit and start feeding beef from time to time. I been feeding chicken (back/leg quarters) since I started feeding raw 9 months ago. My gyp looks/acts great and just thought about trying beef. What is the benefit of adding beef to the diet and what would be some good beef meats to feed @ a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

YIS,

MEAUX

FrostyPaws
08-19-2013, 10:31 PM
The benefit is a higher fat % and swapping up isn't a bad idea. I swap up between chicken, hamburger meat, jack mackerel, and the bucket of guts idea that was posted on here.

tasoschatz
08-20-2013, 12:01 AM
When it is about humans, saturated fat aside, beef is of higher nutritional value, more vitamines, iron etc, higher protein content, better aminoacid profile, some creatine in there and the list goes on and on. Basic rule is the darker the better.
I feed mince beef every third day, 10% lower in weight than chiken, I preffer some belly area cuts since they have more fat and lower price.

EWO
08-20-2013, 03:17 AM
Catching things on sale is huge when feeding raw. I look for the marked down stuff as well. Basically any cut is good for them (vs. bag food) but I look for the fattier cuts as well. Cow cheek is cheap and is a good fatty chunk of meat. If there is a local meat market in your area hit them up. They usually have a scrap box by the cutting table. In is a catch all of meats, from ribeye ends (fat) to chicken 'inards' (as the old folks say). It gives variety but it also is really cheap in comparison to buying packaged cuts. S

MEAUXTIVATION
08-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Cool deal, appreciate all the good info folks.