PDA

View Full Version : Regardless of Breed...really

splash747
09-02-2013, 07:00 PM
*Effective May 2013 - Due to the interest shown by our customers, effective May 20th 2013, the American Dog Breeders Association Inc. Board of Directors has made the decision to open our sanctioned weight pulls, a performance event, to all American Dog Breeders Association Inc. (ADBA) registered dogs, regardless of breed.*

really...business that bad, smh

FrostyPaws
09-03-2013, 07:41 PM
What difference does it really make?

They're not making a ton of money on bulldog registrations. There are a lot more people that never register dogs than those that do. If the ADBA is a person's registry of choice, they will accept it for what it is. You can always go to BFKC or SDR for bulldog only registrations.

Officially Retired
09-04-2013, 05:03 AM
Agreed.

The people who run the registry can make whatever decision they want ... and you, as their customer, can decide if you want to accept their decisions or not.

The ADBA is a business, and they would rather have more money than less money. Weight pulling is a legitimate event, and plenty of dogs can compete with the pit bull in "that kind" of competition, but not "the other kind." Certainly, the APBT should still dominate the "pound-for-pound" rankings in weight pull ... but the truth is weight-pulling and conformation shows aren't what this breed is really about anyway, so who really cares what breeds compete against the pit bull in weight pull? If anything, this ought to cast a favorable light on the little bulldogs that are out-pulling bigger dogs of other breeds.

And, finally, the other truth is the hardcore dogmen who are into what these dogs are "really supposed to do" aren't into registering their dogs anyway. I haven't registered litters since 2007. I will send people "single reg forms," if they want them, but I could care less about the ADBA or what they're doing. I don't need some woman in Utah to tell me how my dogs are bred ... lol ... and I for one am not losing any sleep over whether they allow "other breeds of doggie" into their weight-pulling events :lol:

Jack

R2L
09-04-2013, 05:52 AM
:appl::appl:

scratchin dog
09-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Exactly, ADBA is in business to make money. They needed to do something to compete with the other pulling organizations out there since their weight pull attendance has fallen off considerably.

If anyone has ever seen an ADBA weight pull event you would know that they already were pulling other breeds. Most of the dogs were huge, mixed, Wanna Be A Whopper mutts. There's no way those dogs are pure Pit Bull Terriers.

R2L
09-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Most funny thing is.

If you pay like 150 $ to become an official ADBA kennel, you can register any mutt without a pedigree.

100% agree with Jack.

EWO
09-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I can't imagine why it took this long to go that route anyway. The object is a larger slice of the pie. EWO