PDA

View Full Version : Losers that made dogs "famous"!

wrongway
01-04-2012, 12:42 PM
What ever happened to some of the dogs that lost to these "famous" dogs?

YigYang
01-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Do you mean famous dogs that where losers
your Topic Title is different than your post

Officially Retired
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM

If I read your post right, I would say the most famous "loser" of all time is Ozzie's Ch Homer, ROM, when he lost to Ch Jeep.

That would have to be the most famous "loss" of all, IMO, where there was more talk about the loser's gameness than the winner's win.

Jack

dtakennels
01-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Finleys Bo is another that comes to mind.....Hell he won 1 or 2 more after he quit vs Vindy......

YigYang
01-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Vise Grips Pocho was a great producer that was a 1w 1L that was a famous dog who gave alot of popularity to himself and his offspring

Da District
01-05-2012, 06:39 AM
I think what he is asking is..... for example: Weenie lost to Ch Jeep, what happened to Weenie or others that my have been good hounds but just got out ran in the race? But he probably would like to know about dogs from say the past 5 -10 years like losers to say.. Gr Ch Tango or similiar caliber foes.

evolutionkennels
01-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Ch.Fatty that lost to Baracuda

Da District
01-05-2012, 07:04 AM
I think this is a good topic as well... Losers that out shined the winners!!!

If I read your post right, I would say the most famous "loser" of all time is Ozzie's Ch Homer, ROM, when he lost to Ch Jeep.

That would have to be the most famous "loss" of all, IMO, where there was more talk about the loser's gameness than the winner's win.

Jack

wrongway
01-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Sorry for the wording fellas, but CA Jack, evolutionkennels & Da District got what i was saying. What happened to the loser that lost to awesome beast, grch Sophia, grch vengeance etc... Also the loser of the past. Like the loser to Zebo, art, tornado etc... With out these dogs losing to these famous dogs, these famous dogs wouldnt be famous. So did these losers get bred or taken out again?

DocMiles
01-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Y'all are forgetting Rascal

Da District
01-05-2012, 12:45 PM
How about Finley's Ch. Bo.... Lost to Vindictor.. Bro to the infamous Zebo

Da District
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
How about Finley's Ch. Bo.... Lost to Vindictor.. Bro to the infamous Zebo
Would he have gotten as much publicity just as a bro to Gr Ch Zebo and had he not beat Bo father to one of the all time greats Ch. Jeep?

YigYang
01-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Bullyson had a loss on his belt

SwampDweller
11-04-2012, 02:55 AM
CH. BLACK MISSY who lost to CH. PANDORA; CH. FOAMIE who also lost to CH. PANDORA; GR.CH. CARRIBEANA who lost to CH. RUBY; CH. SWEENIE TODD who lost to CH. TATER SALAD; GR.CH. FIRECRACKER who lost to GR.CH. TKO; and to sum it up.... A Blast From The Past, GR.CH. SANDMAN who lost to GR.CH. BUCK.

skipper
11-04-2012, 03:37 AM
Sandman is pretty well known to. For those who might not know, Sandman lost to Buck.

CRISIS
11-04-2012, 05:21 AM
are we talkin controversy??? if so id say bullyson x benny bob.............

FrostyPaws
11-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Ch.Rocky was shown 5 times. Along the way in those 5 shows, he lost to Gr.Ch.Buck and Gr.Ch.Ace, and he still managed to win 3 other shows.

Black Missy, who lost to Pandora, was pts for obvious reasons.

Snooty lost to Rascal, and he went on to produce quality dogs afterwards. Sampson, who stopped Rascal, passed on after his show, so there was nothing more for him to do at that point.

Ch. Spanky beat Ch. Simba, who was supposed to be one of the killingest (is that a word?? :) ) dogs on the planet. He went on to win another show afterwards. Simba went out west and was bred some times for his owner.

Ch.Chambooga, who lost to Ch.Gator, was pts after his loss.

Ch.Charlie (Jeep's brother) quit to Ch. Hotstick and went on to be bred and have a program built around him to some degree.

Busenbark's Barney, who lost to WCC/Jose's Gr.Ch.Bull, lost half his top muzzle, and he went on to produce some high quality dogs.

If given enough time, I'm sure some of us could come up with a whole slew of dogs that could be thrown into this particular vein of thought.

Officially Retired
11-04-2012, 12:38 PM
My own Poncho dog, who lost to Ch Leonard, went on to build a helluva legacy as a producer.

Officially Retired
11-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Black Missy, who lost to Pandora, was pts for obvious reasons.

What does 'pts' mean?

CRISIS
11-04-2012, 02:09 PM
put to sleep

SwampDweller
11-04-2012, 04:15 PM
What does 'pts' mean?

I was going to ask the same question Jack, but I asked my son about the abbrevation, and he told me exactly what it meant, right as he read the passage; then he looked at me like I couldn't read or understand plain english. LOL

Officially Retired
11-04-2012, 04:23 PM
LOL, actually, what threw me is the fact I don't know any dogman who says, "Put to sleep" ... every dogman I know says, "Put down." :idea:

Jack

SwampDweller
11-08-2012, 04:50 AM
http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=265228

She was gamer than most, and proved to be a really nice bitch!

Officially Retired
11-08-2012, 05:28 AM
That Werdo/Cottingham blood sure is consistently high-quality ...

Albino Rhino
11-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Losers just never get the "shine" the winners get as the story gets bigger every time its told , truth be known I've seen plenty of losers I'd back one up to over the one that beat him.

SHOWBOX
11-13-2012, 06:48 PM
CH Taylor's Bob Dylan 4xW 1xL (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=12935)lost his GR CH show to CH GAMETIGHT's Mavado 3xW (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=7119).

Despite the fact that he was dominated for nearly three hours, he never stopped wagging his tail. He was a hell of a BULLDOG, but passed away a couple days after.

SHOWBOX

FrostyPaws
11-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Albino, that is true in a lot of instances. I can think of a few shows I witnessed where everyone remembers who won, but the only thing they talk about is the severe and undeniable way the opponent lost.