PDA

View Full Version : RAW EGG OR BOILED ?

tagteamz
01-04-2012, 08:36 PM
WHICH WAY IS BETTER TO FEED ? READ RAW WITH THE SHELL I DO RAW WITHOUT THE SHELL

FACE203
01-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Boiled for about 2-2 1/2... Shell and all

ZeroCool
01-04-2012, 11:10 PM
boiled with no shell...

and if you feed the shell, make sure you know the source of where you get the eggs. because alot of supermarkets have the outside of the shell sprayed with preservatives.. thats chemicals going in the dogs system.

Officially Retired
01-05-2012, 03:24 AM
Technically, soft-boiled is best, with the shell. (ZeroCool brings up a good point about potential artificial elements, so just avoid buying eggs from "high-volume" producers like that.)

The reason soft-boiled is best (which is where the white is cooked, but the yolk is still liquid) is because the white albumen possesses a peculiar nature where it is harder to digest in its raw state than cooked; so cooking makes it better-assimilated by the dog. And yet the yolk is more nutritious raw than cooked.

Therefore, as Face203 suggests, boiling an egg for 2+ min will induce a "soft-boiled" state, which is the most nutritious way to eat eggs, and you feed "with the shell" to add calcium.

Jack

tagteamz
01-05-2012, 04:12 AM
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUTS ON THE SUBJECT

Ipk
01-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Technically, soft-boiled is best, with the shell. (ZeroCool brings up a good point about potential artificial elements, so just avoid buying eggs from "high-volume" producers like that.)

The reason soft-boiled is best (which is where the white is cooked, but the yolk is still liquid) is because the white albumen possesses a peculiar nature where it is harder to digest in its raw state than cooked; so cooking makes it better-assimilated by the dog. And yet the yolk is more nutritious raw than cooked.

Therefore, as Face203 suggests, boiling an egg for 2+ min will induce a "soft-boiled" state, which is the most nutritious way to eat eggs, and you feed "with the shell" to add calcium.

Jack

INTERESTING, I've always done raw with the shell. I'll have to switch it up to soft boiled with the shell. Thanks for the posts you guys.

Jaystreets
01-18-2012, 09:55 PM

Jack

thanks for the tip i had been looking for this info lately found it here. 8-)

Blackfoot
01-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Yes I also do soft boiled with the shell!