PDA

View Full Version : Found recipe for puppy formula

Wise
10-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Recently went on the hunt for puppy formula, the Walmart in my area didn't sell (just born) and I refuse to use esbilac so I found a nice lil recipe for homemade formula.

10 oz.of canned evaporated milk OR whole goat's milk (not pasteurized cow's milk - this will cause scowers - dogs shouldn't drink normal cow's milk. Dogs cannot drink 1%, 2%, skim or whole milk.) Whole goats milk is by far the best to use. Walmart sells both evaporated milk, whole goats milk, and evaporated goats milk. Make sure you are using EITHER evaporated milk OR whole goat's milk. Do Not Use sweetened condensed milk!

3 oz. sterilized water (baby water OR boiled water that is then cooled). This is NOT needed if using whole goat's milk.

1 Raw Egg yolk

1 cup of plain yogurt (avoid skim or fat free if possible)

1/2 tsp of karo syrup or corn syrup (NOT HONEY)

Hopefully your bitch is a good mom & you don't need this but just in case...

Officially Retired
10-23-2013, 04:34 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Kahlil
10-23-2013, 01:48 PM
KD

BSK
10-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Same recipe I've used for years. I got it from a English Bulldog site Back when I was still Breeding them.

Wise
10-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Sure thing. Never heard of the mayo one but hey if ain't broke don't fix it. Only had to use it once before, had a bitch whelp 15 pups so she was under lots of stress and that shit helped save 13 of em! No Bs. But I will definatly use it on this new litter to wean so i can get my bitch back on point.

Wise
11-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Added cinnamin to this recipe & they are killing this shit!!!

Dogmaster
11-23-2013, 02:12 PM
good post. I also use goats milk from walmart. you can get in the powdered form as well. I also get gerber multigrain cereal and add that to the milk the pups love it my father use to do this way back in the 70's