PDA

View Full Version : Game dog movie..

Acesaun
10-24-2013, 12:53 PM
I wonder why a movie on a Dogman an his hound's haven't been made yet :question: I wouldn't mind watch it on the big screen...

EWO
10-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Are you volunteering to let someone in your inner circle so the movie can be on the "real"? EWO

Acesaun
10-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Are you volunteering to let someone in your inner circle so the movie can be on the "real"? EWO

Never!!! But they can use the lives of those who are dead and gone, I figure you can get on the web and find all type of stories on old Dogman, what the heck!! Just take those and put them together with a story plot.

AmberLamps
10-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Such a movie wouldn't go down well in the media and would repulse the public. So for them reasons, I can't see it happening.

R2L
10-24-2013, 02:14 PM
you would expect a whole bunch of such movies since there is more "actors" then dogman

Officially Retired
10-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Such a movie wouldn't go down well in the media and would repulse the public. So for them reasons, I can't see it happening.

I disagree. The Jack London novel, "White Fang," turned into a movie and was successful.

I started a novel decades ago that I think would have appeal if I ever finish it. Don't know why I haven't, since I've finished other books, but I think a novel with a good story and a sympathetic dog/dogman could make a great movie and tell a real story that needs to be told.

I put a chapter or two in my old magazine, Pit Dog Revolution, and it quickly became everybody's favorite paet of the mag :)

Jack

LEFTLANE
10-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Try " walker payne" its as close to the real thing as politicaly correct possible. If that makes since

EWO
10-24-2013, 04:12 PM
There was a movie I watched that used the dogs as a sub-plot. I forget the name. Black guy falls in love with a suppose to be cur dog who wins but dies in the end. It makes out like the street guys from up north come down south and buy the dogs from the not so well off hicks. The dogs were lick a back drop to the story line. Any one know the name? EWO

EWO
10-24-2013, 04:41 PM
I think it was called Ghetto Dog, but I am not sure. EWO

CYJ
10-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Does anyone have the paper back book titled; The Life of Humbug written by Fredric Maffei. Was a story about a fictional dog man from Texas and his dogs. Seems it was the dog man from California named Maffei that was the author. I loaned my copy out and never got it back. Had a great story line etc. Only part I did not like was the dog himself talking in the match about hitting a bleeder and all the yada yays that go along with that.

Was another paper back novel written about a hired helper that helped a Pro dog man work and match his dogs. One of the dog characters was the honorable Mr. Sam. That one may have been titled Pit Bull. Anyone know the correct title and author of this paper back fiction novel? Both were great reading and published in the late 70's or early 80's. Cheers

EWO
10-25-2013, 02:50 AM
There was another book called Red Tina, or something like that. I tried ot buy them once upon a time but they were no longer in print. EWO

Does anyone have the paper back book titled; The Life of Humbug written by Fredric Maffei. Was a story about a fictional dog man from Texas and his dogs. Seems it was the dog man from California named Maffei that was the author. I loaned my copy out and never got it back. Had a great story line etc. Only part I did not like was the dog himself talking in the match about hitting a bleeder and all the yada yays that go along with that.

Was another paper back novel written about a hired helper that helped a Pro dog man work and match his dogs. One of the dog characters was the honorable Mr. Sam. That one may have been titled Pit Bull. Anyone know the correct title and author of this paper back fiction novel? Both were great reading and published in the late 70's or early 80's. Cheers

CYJ
10-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Ditto EWO, the Red Tina book was written by Fredric Maffei also. Back then Maffei was a controversial dog man from California. He wrote a article on working a dog with a bicycle and his feed diet was the great mystery. Used vegetables and not sure of the meat used or if dog food was used. One of our members may know. He beat Bobby Hall in a good match.

Not sure now what blood lines he used back then. Might have been some of Steinberg's blood line. Freddie Jones' used this same line of E. Crenshaw bred dogs. Maffei was one of the newer pioneers of the dog game that was leaning more toward the free style conditioning and raw diet.

The Humbug book was a really good read and who ever wrote the Pit Bull book novel of the Honorable Mr. Sam was very good also. I may have read Red Tina but do not remember.

I found the Red Tina pedigree on here that he wrote the Red Tina book about. Amazon.com shows his name spelled as Fredric Maffei. Shown on here as Fredric Maffie.

CYJ
10-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Here is a short insert from Amazon.com about Fredric Maffei.

Born and raised in Soprano land. A professional musician at fifteen, Freddy (to his friends) has sat at table with Billie Holiday, met Miles and Diz, and drummed (badly) with Philly Joe on a car's dash.

Four years in the Navy during Vietnam played Taps at Arlington Cemetery. Proofread at L.A. Times. Worked the Texas oil fields and raised a pretty good line of pit bulldogs. He has at least half a dozen novels to his credit and loads of screen plays.
At present, he and lovely wife Sherry live in Arizona, their two married sons in the neighborhood.

I would like to add that E. Crenshaw, Steinburg, Jones, Maffiei's bloodlines are in a lot of the foundational Carver dogs among other known breeder's bloodlines. Some say most of it today is down Mexico way. One of the traits you will see time to time is that Tan and light tan markings and the grey salt pepper coloring showing up in certain Carver dogs etc. Another is the Lightner long ears or one ear up and one ear broken down. (JMHO) Cheers.

Doc Ellis
10-26-2013, 04:42 AM
what are the chances of that Steinberg blood being in the Patrick dogs more than peds say?

if you like the movie 24grams the same director made a movie in the early 00s about "the dogs" in mexico. the main dog is a Rotti which is messed up but the opening scene is pretty cool with real bulldogs that have their mouths tied shut with fishing line.

CYJ
10-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Ditto Doc Ellis, a lot of the E. Crenshaw dogs are in many good bloodlines, known or unknown. One well bred foundational dog of that breeding would be the Gomez' JOJO bitch. As I have studied CA Jack's dogs. He got off to a great start with some good stuff. Like M. Carver, we will never know all of what Patrick did or did not do. Maybe some of Mr. Orbie Coplin's best stock was bred in there way back. Seems somebody or someone helped themselves to three or four of his male and female dogs.

That was the night after Pat Patrick and his friends went up to visit Mr. Coplin and roll some dogs with his dogs. Mr. Coplin said he ran off one of Pat's male dogs with a promising young male dog he had. That male was stolen along with some other ones. Seems someone knew exactly what dogs to get. Mr. Coplin was up in age by then and told me he had never had a dog or dogs stolen off his yard till that day. We mostly wrote letters back and forth as long distance calling back in the 70's was expensive. But that next day he called me on the phone highly upset over the matter. About a week after the incident Patrick moved from Oregon out to Arizona. Patrick while in Oregon did have some of Crum's dogs and I believe a sister to Crum's Cremator bitch etc.

One thing for sure if any of Mr. Coplin's stock was in your bloodline knowing it or not,will not hurt anything. His dogs showed a lot of gaminess with deep breathing, lots of stamina abilities. He told me not to inbred the ones I had anymore, he wanted me to cross a good line of game dogs that were predominately Red Nose. Said that would put a hard bite back into them and improve the fighting abilities.

Now here is a ironic twist in the story. I knew of the Medlin line and really liked that Braddock's Mr. Clean dog. George Cox later on told me about a older man named Hollingsworth that had some good Red Nose Patrick dogs that I should check out. George at that time liked the Crum Cremator stuff and maybe C. Mims did obtain some of that line.

I talked with my partner V. Jackson about visiting Mr. Hollingsworth. That he had some tested Patrick stock right in our backyard so to speak. Without having to deal with P. Patrick all the way across the USA. V.J. wanted to stay with the Mayfield dogs. He later had to come back to my yard and use the last dogs I had off that Mayfield/Eli/Creel-Carver dogs I had.

Ca. Jack is right on about following your own way with your dogs.. Get all the advice from good dog men you can, but do your own thing. Your dogs should only have to make you happy not everyone else. LOL If you have the gift for breeding good dogs, your instincts or that right feeling will usually be the right way to go. One of the best books on dog breeding was written by a Famous German Shepard breeder in Germany. Learned about that book from Lonzo Pratt along with what Mr. Coplin taught me. Cheers

CYJ
10-26-2013, 10:58 AM
I have gotten way off subject. Oh My OH Me. LOL Check out the picture of TDK's Louisiana Smith dog on our site. Note that Tan & Tan color and the upright ear and broke down ear. My little Jake dog was a reddish tan dog that looked like a smaller version of the TDK's L. Smith dog.

There is a V. Jackson bitch around 8 years or so old that W. Truett recently obtained. Was some sort of a money dispute over this bitch etc. Owners want her back and before I could see her on lines pedigree it was removed from the system. This bitch is built like the TDK's L. Smith male dog and colored in that light tan & tan color.

You get some pups male or female colored like this. Hang on to them, they usually turn out to be good game dogs with producing abilities. JMHO. Now back to the movies. Cheers

realpitsnobull
10-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Never!!! But they can use the lives of those who are dead and gone, I figure you can get on the web and find all type of stories on old Dogman, what the heck!! Just take those and put them together with a story plot. right ooh it coming sooner or later ! 1st liquor was illegal the gov found out have to tax and make $ on it now legal plenty movies on that, street fighting was real big over seas saw it more on movies here come Dana white the gov Gets its cut now UFC on like football ,b-ball etc and that can and does get very bloody and that's humans not animals! Lot at weed etc get the gov its # s and in this case PETA and who wld not pay pay per view for the best games dog in the world bout every one! Lol We just need a Dana white type dogman to prove to peta how making it legal can help decrease the illegal activity like the the med weed hurts the street dealers the gov just needs $$ and its done trust me! What smart Dogman will still go 100% underground when it will be safer and more $ the legal way just follow the tough legal rules and u safe it can be done for sure.

ToTheDogs
10-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Try " walker payne" its as close to the real thing as politicaly correct possible. If that makes since

That's a good movie. Not only is it a warm, heart felt story, but it shows a little about the fraternity and some of the shadiness involved. ;)

Wise
11-02-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't know about a movie, but a video game would be the shit! Could you imagine having all the bloodlines to pick from then schooling the dog, having a keep then matching it with real time control like playing football! Then breeding and building a yard! It's is very possible in pc or console form and would sell like hotcakes!

Acesaun
11-02-2013, 06:19 PM
I don't know about a movie, but a video game would be the shit! Could you imagine having all the bloodlines to pick from then schooling the dog, having a keep then matching it with real time control like playing football! Then breeding and building a yard! It's is very possible in pc or console form and would sell like hotcakes!

:cheers:

SGC
11-11-2013, 04:17 PM

Yes, Fredric Maffei wrote THE LIFE OF HUMBUG book that was first published in 1979 and then another edition was printed in 1990. It's an excellent read and worth finding. His RED TINA book is pretty good too, and he also wrote MAN MEETS BULLDOG which is a collection of articles he wrote.

Freddy is still around, he's not so young anymore but still writes well. I wish he would reprint those 3 bulldog books, but I've not been able to talk him into it. One of his newer books on Amazon has a bulldog story in it but HUMBUG and RED TINA are better.

Here is a link to one of his stories that I posted almost a year ago --

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/showthread.php?1544-new-Fredric-Maffei-story-The-Dog-in-the-Yard

I thought it was new when I posted it but I did find this story published in a 1990s UK bulldog magazine. Still, it is not well known anymore.

I think the book you mean is PIT BULL by Stephen Geller, published in 1967 and the paperback came out in 1969 with the same cover as the hard cover book.

This book --

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OV93S0/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

I have read it years ago and thought it was ok but I wished it had more about the dogs in it. Maffei was a better writer on the dogs.

Jack, you should finish your novel too! I'd enjoy reading that one...

CYJ
11-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Ditto SCG that was the book. Cheers

Team BAD
11-14-2013, 02:27 PM

Now this idea I like, but unfortunately we'll never see this happen in our lifetime. In the states anyway. And if you think we have cyber doggers now, they'd be stuck in their room all day on electronic crack. Mainly because most of them have never owned a real bulldog to begin with.

scratchin dog
11-14-2013, 03:16 PM
There was a phone APP along those lines a year or so ago. It got a ton of flack from the media and general public. Im not positive but I dont think its available anymore.

Team BAD
11-14-2013, 05:18 PM
There was a phone APP along those lines a year or so ago. It got a ton of flack from the media and general public. Im not positive but I dont think its available anymore.

Dog Wars was the name of it I believe, and it's still available to play as far as I know. But it was a far cry from what Wise was referring to. You know as much as I like to play Tiger Woods, I'd be conditioning dogs while conditioning dogs LOL

Wise
11-14-2013, 09:08 PM
I wish I knew how make them damn games I'd sell it underground all day, if I ever go to Japan or china I'm looking into it!lol

AmberLamps
11-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Dog Wars was the name of it I believe, and it's still available to play as far as I know. But it was a far cry from what Wise was referring to. You know as much as I like to play Tiger Woods, I'd be conditioning dogs while conditioning dogs LOL

A quick Google search and it appears it's been renamed KG Dogfighting (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kagegames.apps.KG_AppD1&hl=en)

scratchin dog
11-18-2013, 09:53 AM

LOL, I should have known you would remember the name. I had it on my phone for a few days but I didn't like it. Definitely a far cry from what it could be if it were a video game. I know, if you had it, you would probably never leave the house. LOL.

Handsome84
12-15-2013, 10:00 PM

Walker Payne was pretty good.

CRISIS
12-16-2013, 02:47 AM
just imagine "cockfighter"......only about dogs instead!....