PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmanship

TopShelfKennels
11-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I must say i experienced the best Sportsmanship today! Its something i learned not to expect from most folks over the years. Today it was something suprising to say the least, but much needed. I appreciate all the help and support DMDK.

So i thought this would be a good topic for the board... How important is good sportsmanship to the sport in your opinion and what are some of the experience you guys have had?

Johan
11-11-2013, 09:30 PM
I personally Think its one of the most important things.

ragedog10
11-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Its the most important part. When two good ones get together it makes history what happened is something i will remember for ever it was that good! It would of been wrong not to lend a helping hand. Yis Ole Man D.M.D.K

Officially Retired
11-12-2013, 04:08 AM
Its the most important part. When two good ones get together it makes history what happened is something i will remember for ever it was that good! It would of been wrong not to lend a helping hand. Yis Ole Man D.M.D.K

Absolutely.

Good sportsmanship is what makes anything enjoyable. It is the difference between competing with lowclass animals versus competing with fellow human beings as dogmen.

I will always remember Big Ernie taking my calls, as well as calling me many times, to help me save Poncho after he lost to Ch Leonard. I did not have much after care knowledge back then, and Ernie walked me through alot of the steps it took to save Poncho, and I thought that was very classy.

Jack

ragedog10
11-13-2013, 06:43 PM
For a man not to respect another man would be just inhuman and selfish! Weather on top or coming from the bottom it's just classy to be a gentle man! Makes a world of difference between a-holes and people whom love their sport!

Limey Kennels
11-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Unfortunatly good sportsmanship umongs the new generations of dogman is wel very rare almost non ecsisting....

TopShelfKennels
11-16-2013, 04:47 AM
For a man not to respect another man would be just inhuman and selfish! Weather on top or coming from the bottom it's just classy to be a gentle man! Makes a world of difference between a-holes and people whom love their sport!

Right on Ragedog!

ragedog10
11-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Unfortunatly good sportsmanship umongs the new generations of dogman is wel very rare almost non ecsisting....
And may I ask who's to blame for that? When these newbies come into the game who wants to give them a fear shot? No one wants to go into these nobodies! And in turn they come up the hard why and once they get there foot in the door with a good one their pure ass holes! I was blessed to have started with good hounds and was around the older dogmen who would only wanna call me when they Wanted to check their stuff because the young boy had straight forward bulldogs b u t I could never get one hooked! Then the bulldog God placed a true dog man in my life who not only sold me my first champion but got him hooked for two more times and have helped me learn more about the next level game then ever before! With that said I'm only saying to be a gentleman one must display it first for the next generation to See that this is no a tuff guy competition! It's a sport and in any other sport there are rules for unsportsmanlike conduct!

Acesaun
11-19-2013, 12:22 PM
And may I ask who's to blame for that? When these newbies come into the game who wants to give them a fear shot? No one wants to go into these nobodies! And in turn they come up the hard why and once they get there foot in the door with a good one their pure ass holes! I was blessed to have started with good hounds and was around the older dogmen who would only wanna call me when they Wanted to check their stuff because the young boy had straight forward bulldogs b u t I could never get one hooked! Then the bulldog God placed a true dog man in my life who not only sold me my first champion but got him hooked for two more times and have helped me learn more about the next level game then ever before! With that said I'm only saying to be a gentleman one must display it first for the next generation to See that this is no a tuff guy competition! It's a sport and in any other sport there are rules for unsportsmanlike conduct!

So true, and speaking from my own personal experience at times I'll say in the back of my head when I'm in the door I'm a give everybody the cold shoulder when they see I have great dogs but then I put myself in their shoes and realize that these guys or gals may have went through something that made them feel that way about newbies, it is frustrating but what can we do but keep it moving and stay humble. I also know that good sportsmanship takes you a long way and opens up doors for much more greatness in this life style.