PDA

View Full Version : Lime 50lb bag

backcome
01-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Hey guys, is there and benefits beside covering the smell in using lime in the yard around dogs?

Marooda
01-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Not sure of your question, but it appears you are asking if there is another way of hiding the smell of droppings and urine in your yard, if so, three things I use in my pens, bleach, rake, and a shit can liner. The bleach to clean the pen, and the rake to get the feces below them and the liner to pick it up (or you can burn it) I notice when I use bleach mixed with Water to clean the pens, it drops to the ground (of course) and helps kill the odor, and i am the type of person that like to be considerate of everyone else, so i make it my mission to keep my property smelling normal. Of course there will always be some smell but not to the point were it is pissing off your neighbors. Bottom line, you have to stay on top of it or your yard will smell like death. Hope this helps :D

Officially Retired
01-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Hey guys, is there and benefits beside covering the smell in using lime in the yard around dogs?

Yes, other than smell & what Marooda said, Lyme also discourages the growth of worms, fungus, etc.

backcome
01-14-2012, 06:01 AM
Thanks I also hard the same thing about the worms to Jack...

act284
01-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Where can this type of Lime be found?

I see various type of Lime sold at Home Depot and Lowes. I fear these may not be appropriate types.

Any details on specific brand or lime type?

Officially Retired
01-28-2012, 04:51 AM
Yeah, the big 50-lb sacks of lime at Home Depot are fine.

backcome
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanx a lot....!!!!!!!

act284
02-11-2012, 09:19 AM
can you post a link on their website...i have been told certain types are dangerous