PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Good Priced Raw Feed In Dallas, TX Area

MEAUXTIVATION
11-19-2013, 05:16 PM
What's up board, I just relocated to the west Dallas area near Irving. Do anybody know where there are some good priced chicken leg quarters, preferably chicken backs, chicken hearts, & etc. Just feeding two hounds so I wouldn't be jacking anybody's hot spot. Lol. Looked on line and just found commercial spots; I'm looking for any local/mom & pop shops with some good deals. Any help/info would be much appreciated.

YIS,
MEAUX

No Quarter Kennel
11-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Hello SM, welcome to Texas. To be honest, I think, unless you have some kind of hook up, Walmart is about as good as it's going to get. I pay 5.90 for 10lbs of quarters. Fluctuates from time to time, but always 6-7 bucks. Your dog looks good in the picture man. Tupark is still thriving and will be bred to a good bitch this week. Got some others lined up if you get interested. Remember, I told you I would take good care of you and I am a man of my word. Feel free to holler any time and best of luck in Dallas. Dallas is a good city. Lots of good stuff to do. WATCH YOUR DAMN DOG and make sure they are secure. Some dog thieving sons of bitches over that way.

brokeback
11-20-2013, 11:40 AM
That's been my experience down here, no hook ups yet so local grocery stores has been it for me. I spent 2 days driving places and another 2 calling others and nobody could beat the price of .59/lb that the local grocery has. Walmart is usually .76/lb so I go other places but they'll have em on sale for .59 sometimes. Good luck.

MEAUXTIVATION
11-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Hello SM, welcome to Texas. To be honest, I think, unless you have some kind of hook up, Walmart is about as good as it's going to get. I pay 5.90 for 10lbs of quarters. Fluctuates from time to time, but always 6-7 bucks. Your dog looks good in the picture man. Tupark is still thriving and will be bred to a good bitch this week. Got some others lined up if you get interested. Remember, I told you I would take good care of you and I am a man of my word. Feel free to holler any time and best of luck in Dallas. Dallas is a good city. Lots of good stuff to do. WATCH YOUR DAMN DOG and make sure they are secure. Some dog thieving sons of bitches over that way.
What's up NQK, I had seen them leg quarters @ WalMart too. Now, just gotta find a spot for hearts/gizzards if possible. This a good move for my family financially and will be a little closer to my side of the family. Believe me, I'm keeping a good eye on them too. The future is looking bright for my gyp and she's coming around well. I will have to holler @ ya sometime. Do you still have the same number?

MEAUXTIVATION
11-20-2013, 01:17 PM
That's been my experience down here, no hook ups yet so local grocery stores has been it for me. I spent 2 days driving places and another 2 calling others and nobody could beat the price of .59/lb that the local grocery has. Walmart is usually .76/lb so I go other places but they'll have em on sale for .59 sometimes. Good luck.
Appreciate the info treezbulldogs.

brokeback
11-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Hearts,gizzards,necks etc. can be found at most/any mexican/asian grocery markets. I get my hearts in bulk through a butcher but they're at the markets also.

MEAUXTIVATION
11-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Hearts,gizzards,necks etc. can be found at most/any mexican/asian grocery markets. I get my hearts in bulk through a butcher but they're at the markets also.
Cool deal, I'll look into that.

brokeback
11-20-2013, 02:25 PM
And you're probably aware but city of Dallas has tethering restrictions so be aware if you're in city limits.

MEAUXTIVATION
11-20-2013, 04:01 PM
And you're probably aware but city of Dallas has tethering restrictions so be aware if you're in city limits.
Didn't know about the tethering restrictions but just checked it out. Wil be in the city for a lil while but currently looking for a place in the outskirts. Thanks again.

brokeback
11-20-2013, 04:22 PM
No worries, that's one of the reasons I got out. Enjoy yourself here.

TXdogs
11-20-2013, 04:27 PM
http://www.texastripe.com/ gotta sign up but, some decent prices $1.50 for cow leg bone. also might check your local poultry houses. Theres a spot here in Houston, 35-40 lbs of chicken backs and organs for $6.50

MEAUXTIVATION
11-20-2013, 07:05 PM
http://www.texastripe.com/ gotta sign up but, some decent prices $1.50 for cow leg bone. also might check your local poultry houses. Theres a spot here in Houston, 35-40 lbs of chicken backs and organs for $6.50
That's a great deal on the chicken backs. I'll check out the site and look into the local poultry houses as well. Thanks for the info TXdogs.

No Quarter Kennel
11-21-2013, 04:53 AM
What's up NQK, I had seen them leg quarters @ WalMart too. Now, just gotta find a spot for hearts/gizzards if possible. This a good move for my family financially and will be a little closer to my side of the family. Believe me, I'm keeping a good eye on them too. The future is looking bright for my gyp and she's coming around well. I will have to holler @ ya sometime. Do you still have the same number?

MEAUXTIVATION
11-21-2013, 05:33 AM
Got it boss, I'll hit you up when I get a chance.