View Full Version : sluggo in pre-keep

EWO
12-01-2013, 01:28 PM
pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-keep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2NJuJn_1Jg

Never too early to get them use to being on the equipment. EWO

Officially Retired
12-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Very interesting contraption there sir. Nice.

EWO
12-01-2013, 02:33 PM
It is quite the contraption. It is far too free spinning for my liking. I thought it would have a little more resistance. The puppy can keep it going. I use it on occasion. I saw one on a video and gave it a whirl. With some practice I will figure out how to work it in. I was replacing the carpet today and Sluggo was in and out of my feet so I gave him a free ride. He just took off running. I thought I was going to have to catch him as he came back around but he just started walking/trotting to keep up with it. Had my son shoot a quick video. EWO

Officially Retired
12-01-2013, 02:49 PM
It is quite the contraption. It is far too free spinning for my liking. I thought it would have a little more resistance. The puppy can keep it going. I use it on occasion. I saw one on a video and gave it a whirl. With some practice I will figure out how to work it in. I was replacing the carpet today and Sluggo was in and out of my feet so I gave him a free ride. He just took off running. I thought I was going to have to catch him as he came back around but he just started walking/trotting to keep up with it. Had my son shoot a quick video. EWO

How long have you had it?

I too would think a dog might fall off it, but I suppose a smart dog would get used to it and stay within the parameters.

Jack

EWO
12-01-2013, 02:53 PM
A couple of weeks. For the grown dogs there is a post with a piece of threaded rod out over the table with a snap hook to keep them centered. The puppy made no effort to get off. The few I have tried run it fairly well but they have to be hooked up. A squirrel happens by and it would the dog chasing them and me chasing the dog. I'm thinking I would finish a distant third. I will get another video of the hookup with a grown dog using it. I will be working on the learning curve in the mean time. EWO

luvmybulldogs
12-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Hey EWO, did you own a dog name Ozzie off Kasai??

EWO
12-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Yep. Kasai to a Mims Spiffy/Lucky bitch. EWO

The Old Timer.
01-14-2014, 12:59 AM
very nice , a good bit of work went into making that I would say, be nice to see the grown running it.

EWO
01-14-2014, 04:28 AM
I planned to make a video of an adult dog but I just never made the effort to video during the work.

I saw one in a video and sort of winged it. It is a mobile home axle with 1 1/2" square tubing that extends out about 6 1'2'. The platform frame makes it a 14" table. In the beginning I did not like it because it was way too free. I was thinking it would have more drag/more resistance. After working one on it I like it a lot. so much so I am going to disassemble it and move it indoors. EWO

Pit Bull Committed
02-28-2014, 06:18 AM
That turning table looks awesome so does Sluggo! Thanks for sharing EWO!

EWO
03-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Sluggo was in and out of my feet while I was trying to finish up. He kept trying to get up there to see what was going on. He is quite inquisitive. I put him up there and gave it a push. He just took off. I had my son shoot a quick video.

Although I am a firm believer in starting them on equipment early I never thought he would spin the table like that. It was quite the surprise. Pretty quick for a dumb ol' Redboy dog. EWO

gotap_d
03-01-2014, 03:58 PM
@EWO, would an adult dog run on the mill the same way as sloggo or is there an arm that extends over the running surface to attach a collar or harness?

EWO
03-01-2014, 04:36 PM
There is a post in the ground with a threaded rod for adjustment/centering the dog. The day he was on the mill he was all under my feet trying to get on top of the table to see what I was doing. He took to it like he had did it a thousand times before. EWO